We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final thoughts

Level Contributor
1,274 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Final thoughts

Thanks to all of you for your assistance in helping me to plan our trip of a lifetime to Dubai. We managed to cram the trip full of magical and amazing experiences, and you were all so patient with me, as I tend to be a bit obsessive with getting my itinerary just right!

I just wanted to pass on a few final thoughts and info regarding our trip. They are in no particular order, as all the days seemed to roll into one in the end as we were so busy!

- BA Club World was very good (apart from food says hubby!)

- BA New first was excellent, including good food. Beds were comfortable and spacious. TV screen was much larger than club. Didnt enjoy either flight as both were pretty turbulent.

- LRM fantastic service and location, would highly recommend

- Atlantis does what it says on the tin.....big, brash, in your face!! We loved it but it was very busy and too chaotic to consider a return. We were lucky to get an upgrade to a Regal Suite, which would have cost over £1700 per night. It was fab!

- End May/June weather was a bit too hot for me, but only because it limited my souks visits!

- Enjoyed the best steak (and the most expensive!) of our lives at MJs in Al Qasr

- Day at Burj Al Arab...............beach, spa, massage, afternoon tea wa simply the best experience of our lives

- Trip up Burj Kalifa was amazing. We loved the building............so impressive.

- Loved the fountains.................all 8 times we watched it! But I have to say that for me Bellagio fountains are better, if only for the setting directly in front of the hotel.

- Swam with dolphins at dolphinarium. A magical experience and great value compared to Atlantis prices.

- A nice surprise to accidently find that Creek Park was so lovely

- Kids loved the Kids zone on upper floor of Mall of Emirates

- Desert Safari Dubai (part of North Tours) were brilliant. Excellent communication and perfect delivery of trip.

- JB Walk was disappointing. Unfinished, noisy and not our cup of tea

- Loved the museums and bastakia area

Amazing time but as a family we all felt that something was missing. We cant fathom out what as we really did have a 5 star experience from start to finish. Not sure if we will return but we are glad that we did it.

Thanks again to all on TA x

OceanAir Travels
City Tours, Safaris, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours
Khat Tours and Safaris
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris, Night Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Dubai Private Adventure
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, City Tours, Safaris, Private Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,037 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final thoughts

Hey Ninabean

Great to hear back from you.

I bet you're glad you booked that Burj al Arab day back when they still had the offer on - they stopped it at the end of December. I don't suppose you happened to ask them if they are going to do it again at some point ?

I agree on the creek park being lovely - so few visitors go there and it really is nice, especially in the cooler months when you can cycle around it.

I'm pleased the advice was useful and that you had a magical and amazing time.

Level Contributor
738 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Final thoughts

I have enjoyed reading you posts Nina, i agree on your last thoughts on Dubai, theres something missing. Youre right, its the culture/dirt/realism/tactile thing, call it whatever you want but it does not have that feeling you get from some other places when you leave. I believe that Dubai is for tourists and its workforce. Ive met people who say "you should have come 20 years ago" but it is still worth seeing. Not all bad and not all good, maybe Dubai was built for the millenium and it has not turned out the way people thought?

It serves it purpose, love it or hate it, it remains a good talking point and has spawned its Destination Experts. Inshallah!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Final thoughts

Great to hear from you again and loved your reports. Be really keen to hear how your brunch went. Perhaps you have already posted it and I have overlooked it.

Glad you had a wonderful experience

Level Contributor
1,274 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Final thoughts

Ah, brunch, knew I would miss a few things out!

- Brunch at Westin, Bubbalicious, was truly amazing too. Spread over 3 restaurants, thanks to Latimer for recommending that we book Blue Orange (think thats what it was called). Fabulous food and entertainment. Our daughter was thrilled with the petting zoo and acrobats, not forgetting the candy floss, chocolate fountain and popcorn!!! Sadly all of the chefs were wearing latex gloves and as I have a severe latex allergy, I was unable to try the buffet food :(

All was not lost though, as I mentioned this to the assistant restaurant manager. Within miunutes the headchef was at my side offering to cook me a meal from scratch that he could guarantee was latex free. He prepared me a beautiful prawn pasta in saffron sauce and they didn't charge me. They were interested in the allergy and promised that they would look into changing the type of gloves used in food prep. thankfully all the other places we ate at used vinyl gloves!

5. Re: Final thoughts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 18:19
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now