We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy Alcohol in Heathrow or Dubai Duty Free ???

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Buy Alcohol in Heathrow or Dubai Duty Free ???

Hi ,

Having read various posts on here about purchasing alcohol at the dutyfree in Dubai airport to save ££££ , just wondered whether it would be cheaper to buy some in Heathrow ( We only want to buy 4 bottles of wine between us ) . My only concern with this is would we have problems bringing it into Dubai from the plane ?? Would we have to declare it ???

Not only would it be cheaper in Heathrow but it will help to pass the time whilst i'm waiting for my flight ;-)

What do you think.......................?

North of England
Level Contributor
145 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Buy Alcohol in Heathrow or Dubai Duty Free ???

Didn't really check the prices too closely but don't recall there being much to choose between them.

Yes, we bought brandy from Birmingham duty free and Southern Comfort before leaving the airport in Dubai.

Tamworth
Level Contributor
89 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Buy Alcohol in Heathrow or Dubai Duty Free ???

We have always bought our duty free in the arrivals haal in dubai whilst waiting for our cases..

Its always been cheeper than buying in the uk duty frees

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,403 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Buy Alcohol in Heathrow or Dubai Duty Free ???

I agree. We always buy in Dubai duty free.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Buy Alcohol in Heathrow or Dubai Duty Free ???

we buy my hubby cigs in the uk , cos you can't get his brand in dubai , but for anything else i leave it til i get there

15. Re: Buy Alcohol in Heathrow or Dubai Duty Free ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:18