We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

ok, I accept I am a bit of a convulsive planner, but we are on the half board offer in July and I wasn't sure how busy the restaurants would be so I am looking ahead. We are a family of four, children 13,14 and I have so far booked:

Tue - Go west

Wed -

Thur- Amala Indian at zabeel saray

Friday - brunch at Westin

Sat -

Sun - Segretto

Mon - MJ's

We have a few free nights, I am trying to avoid restaurants with a suplement wehre possible. Any glaring gaps in my plans, or restaurants you would recomend for a family with teenagers?

I dont need a restaurant on the Friday as brunch should see us through and we can hopefully use the vouchers for lunch another day. How have others got on with the vouchers? where and what have you eaten? look forward to any feedback suggestions.

Thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

Tue - Go west * have you requested a cart table?

Wed - Al Hambra

Thur- Amala Indian at zabeel saray

Friday - brunch at Westin

Sat - Pai Thai

Sun - Segretto

Mon - MJ's

Giffnock, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

What email address did you use at the DAM to book the above restaurants. Can anyone recommend a special restaurant, that will take 2 children, 1 7years and the other 6 months, for our 15th Wedding anniversary on the 1st July. Any suggestions, appreciated. Was thinking along the likes of Pai Thai?

southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

swiss le, thank you for your suggestions, what is a cart table? I had thought about al Hambra so that is a possibility.

Pai Thai has a small fee, but this is an option although it looks as if they are very geared up for outdoor eating which is not going to be an option in July. i cant find any indoor pictures or menus.

gerry, you can book the restaurants on the main jumeirah site, if you look at restaurants, click on the one you are interested and a booking option appears, you have to login and then you get a reservation number.

Giffnock, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

Caranc, thanks for that, Trying to gauge times to eat, what with 2 kids, one a infant. Certainly don't want to miss out on the 2hr free drinks, typical scotsman. :)

southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

I understand I had the same thought, so I have booked everything for either 8 or 8.30pm, so we get our drinks in first. I gues with young children it is a bit more complicated but they can always have a lie in or afternoon nap.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

Hi caranc

We are going back to DAM for 12th visit on 1st july wih kids aged 12 and 15. From experience this is what works for us and kids;

1. Make the most of free drinks...dont book a table for dinner tiill 8.30.

2. Daughter and son preferred, Go West, Pizzas on the beach, La pairilla (supplement) Sunday roast in Dow and Anchor, Mj's and a fantastic Chinese called Summer Place which is reasonably priced (not Jumeirah)

3. When we visit in July restaurant booking have never been a problem as it is out of season.

When do you go by the way, kids similar age?

Weybridge, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

We ate out at 8pm with our 4 year old, all the restaurants in the HB deal are child friendly (or the mention age restrictions when booking) When seen kids and teenagers at all the restaurants we ate in, even late at night when we have booked a babysitter.

What about Carnevale at JBH? Pai Thai has a lovely indoor setting too, especially if you can get a seat by the window. Al Hambra is really good too

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

There isnt any outdoor seating in Pai Thai due to the heat at the moment, to increase the restaurant capacity tables have been added into the bar and reception area. It's all in air conditioned comfort. It has a varied menu, from extra hot spicey curries to mild coconutty rice dishes - something for everyone.

The menu has just been changed at Al Hambra and I have to say that it was very enjoyable.

The restaurant that is a must-do for me is MJ's steakhouse, even if it is 150dhs you can eat a steak that costs 550dhs making it a very good deal.

southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

Thank you every one for your suggestions, I have just received the menu for Pai Thai and have now booked, the menu looks lovely, I am not sure about my fussy teenage son, but he is going to have to live with it. Booked for 8.30pm as suggested to ensure pre dinner drinks at the villa. Al Hambra will be our reserve night, but I dont think I will book so that we have some flexibility just in case.

We are going on the 26 July for one week, My husband and I visited 3 years ago and have been planning to come back with the children for some time. We last stayed at LRM, but we ejoyed our visits to the restaurants at the madinat and knew we would like to stay there in the future.

Thanks

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
105 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: planning restaurant at Dar Al Masyaf

Hi SwissLe and experts, trying to plan our restaurant eating at Madinat for this week, have booked Al Hambra and Segretto but would love to try MJs as it seems to be very popular. Do not mind the 300 drms but do they serve chicken or is it just steak, daughter is not a red meat eater and it would be a waste of money. Also would like to try a couple of restaurants at the JBH or Jebel,Zaray see they have a Turkish - are they taxi rides away or do you go in the buggys.

Did not want to book everything in advance but do not want to be disappointed Beechcombers and Lattitude look fine too. What do you recommend.