We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far in advance to book?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How far in advance to book?

I am holidaying in Dubai next Feb (2012) probably at the Atlantis but dont know whether to commit to booking now so far in advance or wait til nearer the date. Are prices from the UK likely to go up or down? I know no one has a crystal ball but what is the general trend?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,835 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far in advance to book?

Generally the earlier you book, the better for any longer-haul holidays. A special offer may appear later on, but unless you're willing to take a chance on this occurring, you might as well book asap.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far in advance to book?

some of the best deals we have got is booking very far in advance. The only difference to this is this year where we got a good deal 4 months in advance however I think the only reson we got this was because it was a new property and soft opening deal.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How far in advance to book?

Thanks for the replies!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,114 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far in advance to book?

Have a look at British Airways Holidays. They have a 20% discount with a saving of £325 for the Atlantis next February. Only downside is that you have to pay the full amount upfront. Happy travelling!

lancashire
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far in advance to book?

I have just booked a room at the Atlantis, pay when we get there, Just got flights to book now. I'm going for 4 nights on the 13th Feb.

London, United...
Level Contributor
805 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How far in advance to book?

February is high season. Flights tend to be higher. If you want a specific hotel you could be disappointed not booking in advance.

7. Re: How far in advance to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 14:16