We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The DAM was amazing!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
The DAM was amazing!!

Arrived at Heathrow, we had already done online check in, we were in the bar withing half a hour, good for LHR.

The A380 Emirates plane was great, so smooth and comfortable, arrived early in Dubai, quick stop at duty free and changed some money up and a car waiting for us, all good so far.

Arrived at the Al Qasr, lovely greeting cold towels, 7.45 we knew our room would not be ready, but we came prepared separate bag with swimwear and suncream, we had breakfast and were by the pool when we got the phone call on our mobile to say our rooms were ready it was 11am so not to bad.

I had sent an email requesting Villa 12 we were very lucky to be given 2 rooms in this Villa, it was a great Villa with a beautiful private pool which was lovely and chilled, we were also lucky to have Christley as butler he was absolutely superb he anticipated our every need.

The half board was great, we had some great meals loved MJ's tthe wagu fillet steak wow, also enjoyed Jambase, Pai Thai and Segretto all very good quality food.

Did some shopping MOE, Karama, Dubai Mall which I didn't enjoy far to big for me, we only went there after we came down from Burj Khalifa which was amazing, the fountains were beautiful with great music the 2nd time we watched.

Most days were just relaxing by the Al Qasr pool Villa 12 pool or on the beach, the pool guys came round twice a day with ice lollies, cold flannels, fruit sticks, the staff at the Madinat were very good.

We were so lucky that everyone we met in Villa 12 for our sundowner drinks were so nice, we had a great crowd there.

On our last night my daughters boyfriend proposed to her outside Pier Chic at sunset, very romantic, he brought her a lovely diamond ring from Cara, don't all shout, we have been going there for years, Kiran himself drove us back to our hotel in his own car, her ring was made for her a platinum Tiffany Novo design 1 carat diamond VS1 colour F and 1/2 carat 24 diamonds on the band all the way round absolutely beautiful, when I can prise it off her finger will get it valued. we have a certificate.

So another great holiday in Dubai, we now have a new favourite hotel can't wait to go back and stay at the Dar Al Masyaf and hope Christley is our butler again as I can recommend him and the DAM very highly.

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

So glad you had a great time DAM is my favourite, congratulations to your daughter and her boyfriend, ring sounds amazing.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

How lovely and pleased you had a great time - ring sounds fab.

Am I right in thinking it was the first time as a visitor for your daughter and her boyfriend ?

Lancashire
Level Contributor
424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

Hi - Sounds great ! Why Villa 12 ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

Yes Lati you are right first time for my future son in law, he now has the Dubai bug he has been looking at prices today for September haha!! he has to pay for the ring first which is fab, my daughter has been going with us since 2003.

Amanda you were right it was fab, did you have a great time.

Claret, Villa 12 sounded great on other peoples reports, it is a few minutes walk from the beach, has a lovely pool it was a good choice for us.

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

Yes Chelsea I've been twice to the dam and have had amazing times and met lovely people whom in still in touch with , sounds like you all had a fab time , now on to booking the next trip by the sound of things.

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

Amanda can't wait to go back, but have to sort out an engagement party first,

We have made some lovely new friends from the Dam and they are coming to the party too.

London
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

Glad u had a wonderful holiday and even more special with the engagement:-)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

Totally ace report asever sounds a fab holiday. Hoping our flights with virgin ok next week and hoping my hubby will make suggestion to go and see Kieran

9. Re: The DAM was amazing!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 02:18