We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

As we are thrifty with our cash we virtually always travel economy class and would rather put the cash difference to a better hotel / room or longer stay,

We therefore always book the Servisair lounge which is around £17 pp and you get complimentary drinks and snacks etc

I was just about to book this again for our September trip with Holiday Extras and notice there is a new lounge called No1 Traveller which still offers all the free drinks but also has proper food included, pool table, mini cinema, spa/ hairdresser, free Internet access all for £25 or £30 with champagne included.

It opens on 11th August.

Does anyone else use these type of lounges?

Tony

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

I have a Priority Pass

http://www.prioritypass.com/

which gets me access into lots of lounges all over the place.

So I guess I 'use these type of lounges' and always find them to be fine to escape the hustle and bustle of the main terminal.

Looking forward to being able to access the Escape lounge in Manchester, the Marahaba lounge in Dubai and the Oryx lounge in Doha when we fly Qatar economy in October and we always use the lounge in Paphos airport when we go to Cyprus - have to say all of those are much nicer than the Servisair lounge in Manchester though

blackpool
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Tony

I can't help you with your question, but it sounds like it's going to be fab, I believe your holiday starts at the airport and so I like to be as comfortable as possible, and by the sounds of it, your holiday really will begin here.

Lattie

The Escape lounge in T1 is fabulous, it only opened a couple of weeks before we used it last year, excellent, T2 is good, just not as new (unless it's been done up recently).

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Anything to escape from the zoo of T3 at LHR, the departures area is really a mess at the current time.

I've been to a No. 1 lounge at another airport, can't recall where, and would say that it was a higher standard than any Servisair lounge. The fact you can get more than a pack of biscuits was a blessing!

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Hi i was also thinking of using this new lounge in sept. I have never used any of the lounges before so was wondering if anyone could tell me what time i would need to leave this lounge to get to gate for 22.00 virgin flight.

Many thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

All of the lounges have flight display screens so you just leave the lounge when it says go to gate, same as you do if you're in any other part of the terminal

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
101 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Thanks Latimer for you're prompt reply. I,m just trying to figure out what time i should book lounge from as its for a maximum 3hr period. so probably should just book from 6-9pm. As not sure how far gate will be.

thanks again love this forum.

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Hi There,

with regards to the lounge you generally only get a max of 2hrs in there.

So if your flight is at 22.00, you cannot check your bags in until 19.00 and its takes 30mins to check in, go through security and walk to the lounge.

Therefore you get to the lounge at 1930 and you will probably have to leave there by 21.15 (very latest) to get to your gate and board the plane.

This IMO is still good value if only to have a nice comfy relaxed atmosphere.

By the way I just booked, £125 for 4 of us which includes a whole bottle of Champagne.

I chose the bottle offer as it was only £5 (total) more than the Champagne upgrade which only included one glass each.

4 weeks tomorrow...roll on ;o)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Tony - if you wanted to arrive earlier you can as VS operate all day check in at LHR.

blackpool
Level Contributor
625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Tony

I'm sure you'll enjoy, as I said, the holiday begins in the airport, we booked the lounge for Manchester in January and got it for a ridiculous price of £12 each, I think it should be £25, so that's the duty free paid for, ha,ha,

3 weeks tomorrow for me, been giddy for weeks :-)

Mary

cardiff
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Airport Lounge at Heathrow T3

Thanks SwissLe,

didnt know that, I will definitly get there earlier now

I normally fly with BA and they are sticklers for the 3hr rule.

Jacko,

£12 each...was that an offer or the normal cost?

This is our 12th/13th visit and I still get really excited.