We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Hi,

I have noticed some people are about to venture to Dubai for holidays and are a bit concerned about it being Ramadan during there trip, well I'm here at moment so I will give you a feel of how it's going.

If your worried about the effects of Ramadan ie, no eating, drinking, smoking etc during day light hours, then please don't worry. In fact if you probably would not even know its Ramadan, excpet for all the decorations in the malls and shops. You can still buy food and drinks, some restuarants are curtained off so its business as usual and some only serve takeaway.

If your really thirsty, quickly pop into the toilet and have a drink, its easy and non troublesome. The only downside for some people would be that no bars are serving alcohole until 7:30pm but im sure you can hang on till then.

The only concern.......it's HOT!

but for me coming from Melbourne where its freezing, its most welcoming, and my freinds will be envious of me with the dark tan i will have.

So hopefully this will ease some of the peoples concerns, just relax, enjoy and take in the sights and celebration of Ramadan plus there are still good sales too tours still operate as normal.

Erol

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Thanks for giving people reassurance before setting out on their holiday, have a great time in Dubai!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

That's brilliant thanks as we will most likely be there next year during this time

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Thanks for the info, going in 2 weeks and little worried about nowhere being open during the day. going to Hilton dubai

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Hi thanks for the information.

Quick question whats the dress code like? Are they quite strict? Im travelling in one weeka time and am alittle nervous especially with Ramadan time.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Jellybean, if I was honest with my answer you wouldn't like it and it would be deleted by the moderators.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

I understand what you mean. Thank you!

Ive read in other messages that shoulders require to be covered.

I have been to Dubai before just not during Ramadan.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

HI,

Funny you should ask this question, from what I have seen non arab women are dressing as if they would on any other occasion, however I was at Dubai Mall the other day and sercurity was telling lady off for her dress code and had asked her to leave and cover up.

I think just do the respectfull thing and cover shoulders and not wear to much skimpy clothing just to be safe.

Erol

Melbourne
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

HI,

Don't stress it will be Business as usual for you, the hotel will still serve food but no alcohol until 7:30pm.

Im staying in apartment in Dubai Marina, and i walk to the Address hotel for my breakfast so food is still being served.

You will enjoy it, come 7pm you will see a funny thing happen, coffee shops won't open until the hear call for prayer at around 7ish and then everyone swarms to the coffee shops, it's one of the most strangest things i have seen.

Erol

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Thanks for the info.

chennai, India
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ramadan holiday as we speak!

Thanks a lot Erol, I have been so worried about what to expect ...Hopefully all should go well..