We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT - How dark is it at 7.00pm in Dubai now??????

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
URGENT - How dark is it at 7.00pm in Dubai now??????

We were going to book the Burj Khalifa but all sessions are sold out until 7.00pm.

Is there any daylight left at 7.00pm or is it completely dark. Will we be able to see things in the distance or only lights?

We need it for 22 August and I see the sunset times don't change by much for then.

How long does it take to get up there, say we book 7.00pm what time would we be at the top?

Thanks

Pam

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,889 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT - How dark is it at 7.00pm in Dubai now??????

Urgent??

At 7pm there will still be some light left as the sun will set just before 7pm that day. If that's the only time you can get then it seems you don't have much choice. Unless you desperately want to see the view in daylight or not at all then perhaps just go and make the most of it?

Sorry, can't help with the timing to get to the top as I've not been in Ramadan when the hours are restricted so have no idea how busy/how long etc.

Dubai
Level Contributor
24 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT - How dark is it at 7.00pm in Dubai now??????

The issue may be due to the Ramadan season, but I do not think 7pm would be bad in fact it would be nice to see as it just sun set and you can see it all.

An advice would be if burj Khalif'as atmosphere lounge is open during Ramadan Hours is to actually go there, its as if you went at the top! same height and at the top is just one floor above it.

I personally go to the atompshere lounge and restaurant often but never at the top.

Hope this helps!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT - How dark is it at 7.00pm in Dubai now??????

Thanks Kali737.

I have taken your advice and booked the 7.00pm slot.

Can't not go up the tallest building in the world!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Pam

4. Re: URGENT - How dark is it at 7.00pm in Dubai now??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 16:17