We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

East Coast
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

I am trying to find a higher end hotel in Dubai that is not located in a high rise. I have an extreme fear of heights and my previous stay at the Emirates Towers Hotel with its glass elevators rising through the high rise was an experience I do not care to repeat. Any suggestions?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

Yes -

I went to Dubai in June of this year and have a wonderful stay at the One and Only Residence (small boutique hotel) - 5 star, very well rated. I also stayed 4 nights at The One and Only The Palm - probably on my list of top five hotels anywhere in the world (read my reviews). Both are small, two floor hotels with large and amazing rooms. The O&O Palm is new, posh, and very luxurious. Read the reviews on here to get an idea.

Best of luck

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
999 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

westin is low rise and a lovely hotel ,

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

Do you want a beach or city hotel? There are loads of options for you!

East Coast
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

A city hotel preferably (I will be there on business), but as I will be there over 2 weeks, a beach location might do just as well for "down time".

Thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

Ritz Carlton DIFC, The Palace Old Town, Al Manzil, Raffles for high end city locations.

Madinat Jumeirah, The Ritz Beach Resort, The Westin, One&Only RM on the beach. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray or One&Only on the palm.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

If it is truly low rise that you want i.e. not surrounded by other high rise then Park Hyatt hotel is your best City option.

The others mentioned above are all very nice, especially the Palace at the Old Town, but they are surrounded by skyscrapers.

For the beach then Ritz Carlton or One & Only are smaller and low rise than all of the others BUT both have skyscrapers behind them.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
265 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

- Park Hyatt

- The Palace at Old Town -Downtown

- Ritz Carlton - DIFC & Dubai Beach

- Madinat Jumeirah: Alqasr-Mina Al Salam-Dar Al Masyaf

- Westin

- Le Meridien Dubai

- One & Only : The Palm-The Palace-Arabian Court-Residence & Spa

- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray

8. Re: Any High End Hotels NOT in a High Rise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 19:15