We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation help

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
transportation help

Having decided to use public transport and taxis rather than the hop on/off bus for our 3 days in November I could use your help with some queries please.

Staying in Ibis Deira - think a taxi would be the best or only option to get to al mamzar beach park?

When visiting Jumeirah beach (want to go see the burj from the outside and the mosque at Jumeriah) what metro stop should we use to get as close as poss? Believe we can then get a feeder bus?

To visit the souks in Deira can we get a bus and then a boat across the creek to the other side? Or is it possible to walk to the souks from where we are? We're good walkers but realise some areas may not be worthwhile walking as not much to see en route.

Is it best to get a card for the day for the metro (which I believe covers buses too?) or pay as you go. There are 2 of us. Like to be organised so we don't waste too much time when there! We plan on visiting the usual main sights, khalifa tower, creek, mall of emirates, souks etc but will have a few hours on the beach one day and plan a desert safari for another. We'll maybe then try and just do a few sights per day.Are the buses regular/quick for short distances? Thanks for any advice/help.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation help

If you are talking about Burj Khalifa, the nearest metro station is Dubai Mall and there is a feeder bus. From the mall, you would need to take a taxi to the mosque. There's no metro station nearby.

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation help

You can walk to the Gold / Spice souks etc along the creek, plenty to see.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,476 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation help

A taxi is probably your best option to Al Mamzar, although there may be buses. A cab will cost around 25030 dirham

Jumeirah Mosque is some distance from Burj al Arab. I don't know if you are going for a tour at 10am or just want to see it from the outside. You can get a cab from your hotel to Jumeirah Mosque and then a cab or a bus down the beach road to the public beach next to Jumeirah Beach hotel.

After that you can walk to Madinat souk to see inside there and/or jump in a cab to Mall of the Emirates and get a metro back to your hotel from there.

You can do this in reverse if you don't have to be at the mosque for 10am.

You can definitely walik from Ibis Deira to the souks in November. Just head for the creekside and walk along to the souks. There's loads to see,especially at the dhow wharfage where the sight of the dhows being load is a sight to behold with cars and all sorts being loaded for trips to India.

The spice and gold souks are across the road from Deira abra station (use the subway coz the road is fierce)

As you look at this map your hotel is off to the right.

…nationalgeographic.com/city-guides/…

You can then jump on an abra to the Bur Dubai side to visit the textile souks and the museum etc.

…nationalgeographic.com/travel/…

You can get buses to most places but cabs are cheap. I'm afraid that I don't know any of the bus numbers but this site will help

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation help

thanks all for your quick and helpful responses. I'm going to print it all, so useful. Yes, the mosque is just to see the outside of it really. great to know we can walk down the creek, perfect. How much was the taxi price to get to al mamzar Latimer?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,476 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation help

Sorry !

25-30 dirham

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation help

phew - thanks Latimer!!

7. Re: transportation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:17