We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I take paracetamol to Dubai?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
Can I take paracetamol to Dubai?

Hi all, I've a business trip to Dubai next week, and usually when I travel I tend to carry some Panadol or other paracetamol in case.

I sometimes find that heat and humidity gives me a headache so the Panadol relieves this.

My friend told me that paracetamol is banned in UAE because it contains codeine.

Is this really the case?

Also, what alternatives to painkillers are available out in the UAE?

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I take paracetamol to Dubai?

There is no codiene in paracetamol. Panadol, paracetamol, aspirin are all freely available in the UAE. You can also buy Ibopfrufen, Nurofen including 800mg which is normally only on prescription in the UK. have a look at the Top 20 answer section on the right of this page. there is a helpful section on medication.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I take paracetamol to Dubai?

There is no codiene in Paracetamol that is true, however in some extra strength branded products that most peole believe to be paracetamol are infact paracetamol based products that will include codeine.

The UAE has a full range of suitable meds avaialble for you and at prices much cheaper than the UK. I often taken the winter supplies of flu and pain relievers etc. back to the UK

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I take paracetamol to Dubai?

If it's Solpadine then it does contain codeine. The range here is quite awesome - one for joints, one to help you sleep. You will probably be buying them all to take home with you.

4. Re: Can I take paracetamol to Dubai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 16:18