We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location help please

wales
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
location help please

hi there, i am planning on a five night stop to dubai in january/febuary time, any advice on where to stay, i like the malls etc and a bit westerised i guess. Prob go up to about £150 a night. also heard there is a 10percent tax on the hotels is this correct and also a 10percent service charge or is this the same

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location help please

Yes you are correct there is a 10% service and 10 % municpality tax for services within hotels. Room. drinks restaurants etc., although with the exception of hotel rooms the prices on the menus in the hotels include the tax and service.

Use expedia for the hotel that fit within your budget, you should be able to get 5 star on/ near beach or downtown

wales
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location help please

had a good price with an airline that is alchol free think it was royal brunei, are they ok.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,645 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location help please

They are fine but watch the flight times as they are not great - you may find it's cheap because they land at 3am and your return flight leaves very early am too. No point paying for a night in a nice hotel only to have to leave at 4 or 5am in the morning.

Check expedia and other on line agents that the bloody iPhone keeps making nonsense words out of (sorry!)

wales
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: location help please

so if i was to pay for a room here, soes that mean i would then pay extra 20 percent there osr just if i use services etc

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: location help please

You will only pay the 20 per cent tax if you book direct. ie on a hotels own reservaton web site .

I personally think whilst expedia gives a cheap rate they can be beaten, i would recommend looking on kenwood travel , and you can go deeper into the rate and see all choices availalbe ie different rooms, half board etc, my advise would be book direct in the uk , and hand over the accommodation voucher on arrival, personally its the easiest way and you no where you are with your money.

Travel bag and net flights are good as are trailfinders and best at travel, the latter two you do need to ring.

for that budget you will perhaps get a beach hotel such as the hilton which would be a good location.

Edited: 25 October 2011, 13:55
Dubai
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: location help please

If you pay the hotel booking bill to the hotel you will pay plus 20%. Anything you have in the hotel that is not included in the price you have per night will also be subject to the 20%.

7. Re: location help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 October 2011, 08:44
Edited: 26 October 2011, 08:44
8. Re: location help please

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 October 2011, 09:35
9. Re: location help please

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 14:18