We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to see the palm

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
best way to see the palm

is the best way to see the palm on the monorail? can I not go into the atlantis hotel unless I am a guest? thanks!

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,313 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to see the palm

Best way to see the palm is from the air really. Otherwise you could use the monorail or take a taxi.

You can go into Atlantis and have a drink or a meal if you want.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
544 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to see the palm

Any good bars at the top of the hotel that can offer some views of the city?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to see the palm

If you mean at the top of the Atlantis hotel, then if there are it's too far from the city to get a good view.

If you want a view of the Palm and the marina then the best bar is

Observatory on the 52nd floor of the Marriott Harbour hotel they have a happy hour from 5.30pm till 7pm where it's two drinks for the price of one.

If you want a view of the city then the best bars are

Neos bar on the 63rd floor of the Address Downtown

Vu bar in the Emirates Towers

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
544 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to see the palm

Thanks for your suggestions! Do you have any other tips on views from hotel lobbies / corridors since the bars seem to open late in the afternoon?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to see the palm

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You can go in any hotel lobby that you want except the Burj al Arab and whilst some of them are very nice I'm not sure I would go to an hotel just to see the lobby, especially if it was one I had to travel to for no other reason than to stand in the lobby.

Because of security you generally can't wander around hotel corridors unless you are a guest at that hotel.

Specifically on the monorail I think it is expensive for what it is - and whilst the view of the Palm is better from above there are other ways to view it than from the monorail.

I'm lucky I have seen it many times and I can understand the attraction for someone who has not seen it before but in all honesty I think you'll be disappointed if you make a special trip somewhere just to see it.

It really is just a very large construction site in the sea and at ground level you could be anywhere.

To be honest you can see just as much on You Tube

here's one and there are others

www.youtube.com/watch…

If you go to the Palm you can't go down any of the fronds - they are all private gated communities, so you can go up and down the trunk and into the hotels for a meal or a drink but like I say you may find it a big disappointment if you have travelled to see it.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
544 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to see the palm

Thanks. I've encountered a number of hotels in my travels where there are open areas on a high floor with an open window where tourists can discreetly take photographs and enjoy the views. This was especially prevalent in Tokyo where I found lots of these spaces (usually their top floors are occupied by a number of restaurants and has this open space). What I'm looking for are free vantage points to enjoy some city views. I suspected there's little to see from the monorail, so thought there may be some nearby buildings on the mainland that can put the Palm into a better perspective.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to see the palm

Whilst there are many tall buildings in that area several are businesses and the rest are private apartments.

Someone else may be able to help more but I can only think of The Observatory bar and restaurant as above and that opens at 5.30pm

london
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to see the palm

ok thank you!

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
755 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to see the palm

If you want city views, what about Neos Bar at the Address? And the views from the restaurant and bar at the top of Jumeirah Beach hotel are good too. Or just go for the Burj Khalifa for all round views?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
544 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way to see the palm

Yea, I definitely will make it up the Burj Khalifa, but want to hunt down a few more spots for some unique views as well. Thanks again for all your suggestions!