We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flydubai? any thoughts?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
flydubai? any thoughts?

hi,,

it's cheaper and time saver to fly from dubai to muscat... flying with flydubai it costs $100 roundtrip; while with Swiss it costs $144.

does anyone has something, good or bad, to say about flydubai?

is it reliable? flights on time?

thkss

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flydubai? any thoughts?

I have flown with FlyDubai to several cities in the Middle East, incl. Muscat, for short breaks and I have found them to be good and reliabe in terms of service & being on time. I'd say it's one of the better low cost carriers that I have flown with so far.

As you're flying to Muscat, the flight should take just about 1 hour from Dubai, thus the absence of free meals in the flight shouldn't matter much. They are very strict about luggage though esp. the weight of your hand luggage.

There is nothing much though at Terminal 2 in terms of facilities & duty free shopping

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flydubai? any thoughts?

Check with Etihad and see if they still have their cheap fares, I flew with Etihad to Muscat for about $60 2 weeks ago.

Ta Xbiex, Malta
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flydubai? any thoughts?

i am considering to catch flydubai obviously from dubai to kathmandu, i read here that they are reliable but would want to have more feedback if anyone took the flight to kathmandu thanks

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flydubai? any thoughts?

We are looking at going to Jordan in April and when we priced EK against Fly Dubai, we were quite amazed that EK is only AED 100 more at this time. For me, that's a no brainer....

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,720 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flydubai? any thoughts?

I have flown with Fly Dubai several times to Muscat and never had any issues. On such a short journey you don't need the free meals and other extras that come with a higher priced ticket. Just like other budget airlines they are strict with baggage allowance but again this has never been an issue for us as we only go for 3 or 4 days so don't need much luggage. Before booking I always check rates with other airlines and Fly Dubai have always been cheaper, they also do quite a few sales though out the year so worth signing up to their newsletter if you intend to use them a few times.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flydubai? any thoughts?

I have used them 4 times this year (Amman, Istanbul, Kathmandu and Bahrain over Christmas) and have not had a single problem. Other people have had problems if you look at this thread.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k34…

Personally I can recommend them thoroughly.

7. Re: flydubai? any thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2013, 10:34