We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

entertainer coupans experience

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
entertainer coupans experience

hi,

do companies honour the coupans ........many a times i have seen resturants & companies slighting the people with coupans(had bad experience with dominos who delayed our order once they realised we mean to use coupan for one on the pizzas )

what are your experience.....

thanks

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: entertainer coupans experience

As far as I am aware, they do honour them.

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: entertainer coupans experience

As per my understanding, reading through various posts/blogs on this subject, you don't need to tell the restaurants in advance about your mode of payment. You pay for your meals and tend the required vouchers and other modes of payment and they simply accept (within the eligibility criteria, etc). No questions asked.

I don;t have the personal experience yet but that's what I understand.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: entertainer coupans experience

The Entertainer vouchers are generally accepted without any problems you just need to check the terms and conditions, ie they cannot be used on public holidays and there is a limit as to how many can be used per bill.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,697 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: entertainer coupans experience

I always just leave the voucher in open view and then when I ask for the bill I make sure I tell them I have one.

I have never experienced any difficulty at all anywhere as long as the voucher is within its terms of use then they are fine.

India
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: entertainer coupans experience

hi all,

thanks for reply.

well,now itself i got a rather negative reply from a dersert safari company.

in the form of bookingform they have asked specifically whether i intend to use any gift coupan or voucher & i replied that i am yet to see the new 2012 entertainer but if their company has any voucher then i may use it ............they replied backin that case THEIR CHARGES ARE DIFFERENT then what they mentioned earlier.

well,if this is the attitude by others also then i guess it would be better not to buy the entertainer book.

pragati

London
Level Contributor
100 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: entertainer coupans experience

Couple of things from my experience so far...

From the Entertainer website you can see who all the desert safari operators listed in the book and for each you can also get some idea of how much the voucher is worth.

I have a completely different experience with Noukhada in Abu Dhabi who conduct kayaking tours. After paying the deposit for the booking for our tour in later this month, the voucher acceptance (from Entertainer Abu Dhabi book) was clarified via email and there was no difference to the price or anything. They have few conditions on the usage of the vouchers as clearly mentioned on their website but other than that there was no negativity or price difference. Very professional people.

btw, we also going to do the desert safari and going to use the vouchers. I am not going to book with anyone over the phone from abroad but will do the booking once I am in UAE. I have already identified the tour operator we are going to go with and they have vouchers in the 2011 book.

I will post my experience on this later.

India
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: entertainer coupans experience

hi london SB,

ya,i also checked the entertainer website online & found this tour operator offering 2 for 1 coupan.when they specfically asked in booking form about coupans,i replied truthfully that 'yes,i intend to use it.then the email i got was that their rates in this case will be different.(much higher even after using 2 for i coupan)

with tourist season at peak during christmas & new year i simply do not want to mess up our holidays so i told them that 'pls,continue the originally mentioned rates & i will not use the coupan.'

now,i am really double minded about buying the book..........

lets hope u have better experience to share.

pragati

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
557 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: entertainer coupans experience

Most of the desert safari companies charge 250-300 AED.

If they charge more than this for using the vouchers, then yes, you are being ripped-off.

Without the vouchers, the prices may be flexible and some may offer dicounts rivaling the vouchers if you are willing to shop around and negotiate with them.

If you are only buying the book for the desert safari, it isn't worth it.

Ask if anyone on trip advisor has spare vouchers. I think I will have.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,697 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: entertainer coupans experience

It's daft to buy the book just for a desert safari abd you wont get your money back unless you use it at every opportunity. The books are great and this desert safari company is, as Ben says, ripping you off.

There is more than one desert safari company in the book so just use one of the other ones

India
Level Contributor
163 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: entertainer coupans experience

hi,

this is the only desert safari who replied to our email.they are not asking for any advance, a big advantage to us who don't own credit card.also,can't be sure if i can get booking in some other company when we arrive at dubai so better to stick with them.

if i buy entertainer i mean to use it for other attractions & food ,still am doubleminded.

thanks all.

pragati