We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

London
12 posts
Save Topic
Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

Hi everyone. I have just booked a holiday to The Oasis Beach in Dubai (Jumeirah Beach) with www.bestattravel.co.uk Has anyone travelled with this company before? I was hoping for some reassurance as I am always a bit wary of internet companies!!!! The flight is an overnight flight with Virgin airlines.

Also, does anyone know if you can pre-book your seats with Virgin airlines if you did not book direct with Virgin ?

Finally, we are going at the end of August (its alright we're used to the heat!!!) , does anyone know if the construction work immediately behind the Oasis Beach Hotel will be completed by then?!!

Many thanks in advance for all your help !!

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

I have booked to go the Maldives with BestAtTravel and they seem to be ok. Also stayed at Oasis beach a couple of years ago and think that the building work will be going on for quite some time yet in that area.

Mentioned in this post
Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

we booked with these last year for dubai and everthing was spot on but the next time we tried to book the price went up quite a bit dont no why so we now use iglu .com cheers geordie

Dubai
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

Mike

I dont think the construction work behind the Oasis Beach Hotel will be complete by then. It seems to be a never ending project that was due for completion Q3 2005 and is still ongoing..........

Derbyshire, England
Level Contributor
477 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

Mike

4 out of the last 5 trips have been with them.

They have been consistantly cheaper than the others.

I phone them and get to know the guy on the other end, that way you can discuss if the night flight is cheaper than the day flight, do you want transfers and how much.etc etc.

Cant help with virgin, give em a ring.

Building work-- very much doubt it.

Regards

Chris&Sue

London
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

Thanks for all your help !!!

I feel better now, part of me was a bit wary because, a week earlier I got a quote from "hayes and jarvis" and they quoted me a price on the same dates and everything £1700 for 5 nights (for two adults) and that was with a nice view of hundreds of cranes!!!!!!

Bestattravel was about £500 cheaper with sea view!!

Only disappointment though was 'emirates' flights were sold out for the date we wanted to go on, so we had to fly with Virgin. Though i heard Virgin flights are supposed to be nearly as good !!

Mike

Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
215 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

I've booked with them for the first time to go to JBH in June. They werent the cheapest intially however when I played them off Letsgo2.com and another travel company they eventually came thru with the cheapeast price.

Dont take the cc charge. I refused to pay it and eventually they agreed not to add it on the price.

My brother goes to Dubai every year. He swears by bestattravel.com.

Dubai
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

virgin are new on this route - so they will be aiming to please and their aircraft may be a bit empty - giving you a few extra seats to spread out....

try your luck at check in to see if you can get a seat or two empty next to ya....

am planning to fly them also - need to sample their cabin crew in their cute red uniforms - yummy yummy

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

went to egypt with bestatravel, very efficient service transfers reps etc. Will def use them again.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

We travelled with Best at Travel to the Metropolitan Beach Resort in October 2004 and had an absolutely horrendous time.

This was the second time we had used them and the first time to Hilton at Dubai was an absolutely fantastic experience and we had no qualms about using them again.

We were advised there was building on Jumeirah Beach which we knew as we had been the year before and this didn't bother us. The sites are beautifully run and to be honest I find it fascinating to watch (with a closed window).

When we arrived at the Metropolitan we were greeted by a new wing being added to the hotel twice as big as the original hotel! We asked the receptionist for more details and we were informed that all people had been told.

As we were only there for a week we decided not to make a fuss and get on and enjoy the holiday. That was before they turned off the electricity for six hours daily and started spreading glue beneath our bedroom window (we were on the first floor) and my children who all suffered various allergic reactions started sneezing, red eyes, sore throats etc. Called doctor, went to chemist three times, called Best at Travel.

They moved us to Grand Hyatt (at our expense) and forgot to pick us up to go back to the airport despite two calls to check they knew our new location.

Unfortunately I had emergency op soon after I got back so haven't done anything about it but wouldn't trust them again.

They out and out lied and said I had been made fully aware of the hotel's building programme and I hadn't.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Hyatt Dubai
Grand Hyatt Dubai
4,216 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
london
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubai - www.bestattravel.co.uk

Stayed at the Oasis Beach,July 05 for 10 days.Great trip and fab hotel.Was there with two kids and could not fault the hotel at all.Arrived on a early morning flight and given rooms straight away.Watch out for jelly fish in the sea , my son got stung badly .

The building work was in full swing then but believe that most of the marina work is completed.However in general there is so much construction work going on in Dubai.

Sea view rooms are a must.