We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

Is anyone knows of nice tours offer by locals on our Itinerary ? Please , respond !! Shila

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

Taxis are cheap in Dubai. Just make a list of what you want to see and get a taxi. They are at Port Rashid alongside the ships ready and waiting for customers. This will be much cheaper than doing any ship excursions.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

Thank you , Daisy England !! Is that goes for the other ports too ?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

For Oman we docked right in the centre, so no transfers necessary out of the port area, but I am aware that not everyone docked in the same place as we did.

Abu Dhabi and Fujeriah require a shuttle bus out of the port area (I could stand corrected on this as it's been a while since we went.)

We cruised on the Royal Caribbean not the Costa cruise line so the itinerary may be slightly different.

Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Oman are wonderful ports of call. Fujeriah was a wasted day IMO and quite a few people stayed on the ship here.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
35 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

We are booked on the same cruise but in late March. I wonder if you could clarify the itinerary. It seems that we board a full day before actual departure so spend a day and night in port at Dubai. Do you know what the earliest time to embark is? We have a hotel for the night before and would like to go straight from check out to the ship

Similarly when we arrive back on Dubai we then spend a full day and a night in port before we leave - once again do you know whats the latest time we can leave the ship to go to the airport for a late night flight back . Thank you for your help - our Travel Agent seemed unsure and I can't see anyhing on the Costa website.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

I can answer from my experience on Brilliance of the Seas and from other cruises.

On the day that you want to join the ship they will have disembarking passengers and then have to make ready for new passengers so similarly to an hotel they will only allow boarding once they have fully disembarked.

I would guess that your earliest available boarding time will therefore be after midday and that even if you go on board then you may find your cabin is not available till 3pm.

My advice would be not to stress abou this too much so get up have a leisurely breakfast and maybe a swim at the pool or a last look around something in Dubai before heading to board after 2pm - your hotel may extend your check out by an hour or two, ours did so we chilled out and left the hotel at 2pm.

My logic, and it worked for us, being that straight after their earliest boarding time they wll be boarding those that have arrived on flights and so it proved to be. We got to the dockside at around 2.30pm and we were no more than 10 minutes completing the formalities and we were in our cabin by 3pm - relaxed chilled out and not having had to queue.

Those that turned up at midday queued for an hour and then couldn't get in their cabins until 3pm.

For the reasons explained above the latest time you can leave the ship will be their latest disembarkation time and for our ship that was 10.30am - to allow folk to stay any later screws up the whole process of getting 2,000 people off and 2,000 impatient people on in the space of 4 hours.

With a late night flight back you will want somewhere to leave your luggage and maybe somewhere to rest awhile before going to the - have to say that we booked an extra hotel night in Dubai to avoid the hanging around thing but in fairness we also booked an early flight back on the following day to avoid it too.

So you will have to leave the ship and then can take your bags to the airport before heading off again by metro to somewhere close by and returning

or

you can leave your bags with an hotel conceirge and pay to use their facilities for a day

or you can take one of the post cruise excursions offered by the cruise line, which will ensure your bags are looked after and drop you at the airport in time for your flight

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

I've Googled this and tried to copy and paste to the link but my ipad is not doing it.

It appears that they are saying it leaves Dubai at 13:00 on the second day and you are also to leave Dubai at the same time on the vacating day but in my experience they will want you to vacate the ship asap. They need to clean cabins etc ready for the new passengers so will not want to keep you on board any longer than needs be. Unfortunately if you have a late night flight back to the UK you will end up being transferred by Costa back to the airport with a long waiting time unless you arrange something yourselves.

As we were on RCCl it was a slightly different itinerary as we also visited Bahrain which is now excluded.

Edited: 08 January 2012, 21:43
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

costacruise.com/usa/…dubai_red_sea.html

Try the above link. Got it!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
35 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

Thanks for the quick reply but I still can't see what I wanted to know - the earliest arrival time on day 1 and latest disembark time on day 8. The itinerary doesn't show this. Unless I'm missing it ?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
35 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

Thanks, that's really helpful

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,267 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruising from Dubai on <Costa Favolosa> Feb. 17 2012

Paul I'm guessing that once you receive your tickets from the travel agent you will find this information in with that paperwork.

As Latimer says too, the normal time for boarding the ship is around 3pm. We boarded at 2pm and there were no queues.

Your luggage has to be placed outside your cabin door and will be collected around midnight prior to your disembarking the cruise. Keep things that you may need for hand luggage. You will be given coloured labels to add to the suitcases which also correspond to the flights you are taking and they normally call for disembarkation by flight/luggage colour. Obviously those with an earlier flight leave the ship first, but because you may have a flight late a night doesn't mean you can still stay on the ship. Most people are off by 10-11am in order for the cleaning process to start.

It may sound confusing especially if you are a first time cruiser, but it's a straight forward process and runs smoothly. Enjoy.