We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
xgx
london
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

I have an emirates flight arriving dubai at 5:45am at Terminal 3 (from Doha), and a connecting flight at 7am with Flydubai airline at Terminal 2. I don't know how far it is between 2 terminals. is there enough time for me to take luggage and check in again at Flydubai counter? how long before flight does Flydubai close check-in counter?

I appreciate anyone can give me some info and advice. thank you.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

i think its cutting it very fine! Getting through immigration, grabbing your luggage, rechecking in with your next flight is pretty hard going..

xgx
london
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

wow....do I have to go through Immigration to get from Terminal 3 to T2? or to get between any 2 terminals in dubai? I have been DXB couple times but always in T3. if I have to go through Immigration, I will just forget about it. thank you for this very valuable info.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

Hi xgx

As you are using different airlines I assume you will not be on a through transit ticket and will therefore have to recover baggage and go through immigration. There's no way 75 minutes will be enough in fact it would be cutting it a bit fine from the same terminal and airline

Regards

Doug

xgx
london
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

Thank you Doug. I'm surprised that I have to go through Immigration. Lucky I've asked here today. Thank you both, faddy and Doug, I will forget about going to Muscat this time.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

That may well be the case BUT Emirates do have airline partnerships and I don't know that you will have to go through immigration.

If you do then it's not enough time but if you don't then it maybe - I guess someone who knows for sure may read this but otherwise I would contact Dnata (the Dubai airport handling people) or Emirates and / or FlyDubai and ask them

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

T2 is in a totally different location from 1 and 3. It's actually quite a few kilometers down the road. I don't think 75 minutes is sufficient even if it's all done airside, which I am not sure about. I would also contact DNATA to find out.

xgx
london
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

Thank you all for the info. Called Emirates, the guys at call center not sure if I have go through Immigration. but they told the Emirates policy is to advise customers 3 hours for any connection with different airlines.

UAE - dnata Airport Operations

Commercial and Business Development

Tel: (+971 4) 216 2660 / 216 2600

Email: groundhandling@dnata.com

Is that where I should email to find more info? that's the only email I've found on DNATA site.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

Yes I'd give them a try.

At least now you know it's not connected to Terminal 3 and that they advise 3 hours - even if none of us are sure about immigration

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

Yes, you have to go through immigration and then take a landside bus (or you could opt for a taxi). 75minutes is the minimum recommended time for EK transfers, going to T2 will take a lot longer.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 75-minute connection time too short for terminal 2 & 3?

My hero .... I knew you'd know the answer