We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herefordshire, UK
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

The travel agent we booked with has not given middle names to Emirates when they did the booking for our flights? Last time we flew our booking (and e tickets) had middle names on. Our passports have them on.

So for example..

passport says "Sarah Jane Smith"

current booking "Mrs Sarah Smith"

We have only paid £1k deposit for all five flights and accomodation. Although I have the booking ref for Emirates so I can see it's not on there (and the travel agent told me not needed when I offered them). Should I insist they are added before we pay the balance (which is due in June) or does it not matter?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,690 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

No, they don't use middle names.

I was just on the phone with Emirates a few minutes ago and the middle name didn't even come up even though it's the one I'm known by and it's the one on my credit card. The booking is always in the first name and last name in my passport.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

Agree with Kali. It should not be a problem as long as first name and last name are the same as in the passport.

Based on my own experience, even first name and last name can be interchangable with each other on the flight ticket - although this may not help with the frequent flyer programme :-S

Herefordshire, UK
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

Thanks both, that is good to hear. Just wanted to make sure if it needed changing I did it whilst I was still holding the money! Having read another thread about getting names changed on tickets and being charged I wanted to be sure I was not about to fall into that trap!

Thank you

Gothenburg, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

I've got the same problem right now. I am very interested to know if you added you middle name or not? And if you didn't, was it any problem?

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

I am a travel agent and can vouch that middle names are not needed on flight tickets, however before you travel your travel agent will ask for all passport information such as passport numbers, expiry dates, middle names and dates of birth, which will then be imputed into emirates system. Middle names will still not show on tickets though x

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,252 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

amandajayne21 is right.

The initial of the middle name can appear if you give it at the time of booking. It does not matter. Key is that your name and first name are identical with your passport detail.

No need to go through the hassle of changing your flight tickets.

The remaining details are used as advanced passenger information.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

Among all the people who have flown, are flying and will fly, not everybody has a middle name. No need for a middle name to book a flight ticket.

Mussoorie, India
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

I forgot to include the middle name of one of my friends when I was booking a domestic Spicejet flight. Will this be a problem?

9. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 May 2013, 03:05
Dubai
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you need "middle" names on flight booking/tickets?

what part of this thread did you not understand.

If after the many helpful posts you are still not clear call spice jet