We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

I am just starting out on the call around for the best price for this years 2 weeks in Dubai.

First one I've called Value added have quoted be double for LRM as to what I paid last year, same time and board basis!

Have the prices rocketed or are they just not so competitive this year?

I just wondered who you might have found offered the best prices for this year. I've still to contact Destinology, Travel Dubai but not sure of anyone else.

Many thanks

hants
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

I booked with VAT , got prices from others which really varied, Tropical Sky were the same price as VAT, but I went with VAT as I have used them before.

England
Level Contributor
133 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

Many thanks will add them to my list to call. I too have used VAT for the past 4 years.

UK
Level Contributor
89 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

I booked a package deal with Virgin. I looked at booking hotel and flights separately but the package worked out cheaper :)

If I wanted to solely book the hotel then directly on their website was the cheapest option.

regards,

Edited: 23 March 2012, 15:15
yorkshire
Level Contributor
207 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

Hi got a good deal with Luxury trips

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

We have booked through Destinology - I always book through my contact there, as I always feel we do get a good price.

I prefer the personal approach and their attention to detail.

However I still do compare with others tho.

Two weeks in July at MAS .... Hopefully another one to follow later in the year.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

We have booked through Destinology, several hundred pounds cheaper for a week at the Westin in June!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,722 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

British Airways holidays has some excellent deals as well.

Herefordshire, UK
Level Contributor
144 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

I compared loads and Southall Travel came out cheapest this time. That was for Emirates flights and staying at GHH. Previously nothing was cheaper than Expedia for me. If its a hotel you have stayed at before a chatty, complimentary e mail has got me a good price (a reply saying thanks but I can get it cheaper via an agent) has reduced it significantly! I do think prices generally are higher than last year - well they are for Oct anyway!

UK
Level Contributor
115 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

I've booked accommodation and flights separately. Flights with BA and LRM direct with hotel. Surprisingly cheaper than the package at BAT that we usually get.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who have you booked hotel stay through for 2012?

Booked 2 weeks package in july with virgin holidays tried all the usual websites and they came out the best roll on 11th July.

Tracked packages since last year hoping they would come crashing down at the usual times and didnt matter what way you worked out the deals they have remained pretty static