We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Aberdeen, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

We spent last year 2011/2012 in Dubai but were far too late in booking anything for New Years Eve

We are 3 adults and will be staying at the Towers Rotana Hotel and are looking to book somewhere for New Years eve either within walking distance as I believe traffic is horrendous where we can enjoy nice food, see the fireworks and also have some entertainment

We don't mind spending a bit as it is a special occasion for us.

Can anyone help with suggestions?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

I've no idea about the prices for anything at Atlantis other than the fact that they charge an arm and a leg for most things so I'm not clued up enough to answer any of your questions about bronze, silver and gold packages or gala dinner under the stars - I expect the prices are roughly the same as most folk would spend on their annual holiday in one night.

I don't know about the Sandance festival either or where it is.

Frankly I would save your money and just go to Barasti Bar at Mina Seyahi hotel for several reasons

1. It always has a great party with good reviews

2.It's closer to where you are staying and if nothing else you can walk to Marina Mall metro station in around 15 mins so at least you won't have to queue for over an hour for a cab ! The metro runs until 5am on NYE - or at least it did last year.

3. You can see Atlantis fireworks from there and also Burj al Arab fireworks in the distance

You will need to book Barsati Bar too

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
82. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

I am staying at the Grosvenor House for NY!!! Just wondering if there is any gd restaurants/events close by that are worth going to for NY or does my hotel have anything gd on ? I take it we are a bit to far away from Burj Dubai?

Cheers Jonny

Ormeau, Queensland...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Hi

We are staying in the Radison Blu Hotel on Dubai Creek over NY. Could you please tell us if that will be near any fireworks? If no, where should we go to enjoy NY in Dubai please. Many thanks. Tricia

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Johny

Your hotel will have something on and you could also look at Barasti bar as that is close enough to walk to

Patricia

Please take a look in the topic and look for suggestions for people staying near Dubai Creek - there are several

Ormeau, Queensland...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

thank you for your help. I'll check where the Barasti Bar is on a map. so looking forward to it. Tricia

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Hi Patricia

You can't walk to Barasti Bar from Radisson Blu in Deira - that response was for Johny

You need to look through the other posts on this topic. I'd start on page 1 and work through - several people on here have already asked about Deira so there are several suggestions

Helsinki, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
87. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Hi

Me and my friends are staying in the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown during New years. Is it a bit to far away from Burj Dubai? How´s the metro traffic?

Where would be the best place (restaurant) for us to celebrate NY? We are looking for very good food with a good view or nice surroundings. We don´t also mind spending a bit if the food and place is worth it.

Can anyone help us? Would really appreciate your help!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Four Points Sheraton on Sheikh Zayed Road is close enough to walk from Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa after the fireworks and would take around 20-30 mins.

So you could get a taxi there in 5 mns and then walk back.

Lots of restaurants around the lake with a view of the fireworks but if you want to eat in one of them it would be best to book now. Certainly one of the restaurants in Souk al Bahar, in the Palace at the Old Town hotel or the Address Downtown hotel will need booking to make sure you are not disappointed.

Fazaris at the Address Downtown has a buffet menu for New Years Eve and then automatic entry to their lounge bar, Calabar, which would be a great spott to watch the fireworks at midnight.

Helsinki, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
89. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Thank you for your quick answer! We are staying in the other Four Points by Sheraton (Mankhool Road, 4C Street, Bur Dubai). Is that too far away from Address Downtown? Is it possible to even try to get a taxi or metro in New Years Eve? Or is there some other great restaurants near by?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Dubai New Years Eve 2012/2013

Oops ! Sorry !

You can walk o the metro from the FPS on Mankhool Road in around 15 mins. The metro runs (or at least it did last year) till around 5 am on New Years Eve and so you should be able to get back to your hotel as long as you don't mind waiting to catch a metro.