We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filthy apartment

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Filthy apartment

My hotel is ruined, the apartment is disgusting, I literally feel as if I'm gonna throw up!

The company r not listening!

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filthy apartment

It's so annoying when this happens. Did they accompany you at the point of entering the property and if so did you check it out while they were there? I know you were concerned from a previous post about this. It would appear the company renting out do not have the best reviews.

I'd be taking photographs of the apartment and threatening them with producing them on the internet. Surely they have to do something for you. So sorry.

Perhaps some of the regular contributors who live in Dubai can advise better.

Edited: 19 April 2012, 12:36
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filthy apartment

If the company you are renting from are not going to clean the apartment then you could hire and pay for a cleaner yourself if all else fails. I know it's not right that you have to pay to clean the apartment but it seems a better option than putting up with a dirty apartment and spoiling your holiday.

If you google 'Dubai maids' you'll find cleaning companies. A maid costs about £6/hour before tip.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filthy apartment

Welcome to Dubai. Anyone even remotely involved in the real estate business is a crook and as soon as they have your money, they will do nothing for you. It seems this applies to holiday lets too.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Filthy apartment

Do you mean your apartment is dirty or you just don't like it?

Kali has made a good suggestion to hire a cleaner and enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Filthy apartment

Feel sorry for u!! Try and make the most of your holiday though as you plan to spend most of your time out and about rather than in your apartment.. Head to meena bazaar and check the pani puri out at the evergreen restaurant.. Awesome

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Filthy apartment

So after a million phone calls yesterday, we were moved to a different apartment. What a relief.

Bron: it was dirty, chairs which were supposed to b cream were brown, the rug was filthy as were the bathrooms and there was dust everywhere and the worst thing was the smell, it made me feel sick. The pool and building and layout were actually really nice.

We were not greeted at the 1st apartment, the door was left open and the keys were inside, so there was no one there we could have complained to. I took photos of the place.

When we rang to complain we were told there were no other apartment available, then after ranting at them they found 2 so we would have to split our time and move half way through.

But thank god they finally gave in and found another one for the whole duration. I went to c it first before we moved as didn't want to be moving luggage again to find it to b dirty 2, not easy with a toddler. It hasn't been rented out before, so nice n clean. It really is lovely.

Going to head to wild wadi today then shopping!

Edited: 20 April 2012, 10:28
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,655 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Filthy apartment

I'm pleased you got sorted.Hope the rest of your holiday goes better.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Filthy apartment

@Fefe1980 It's good to know everything's cool now... Have an awesome time in Dubai! ;)

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Filthy apartment

Glad to hear you've been moved and you're happy with the new apartment. Please do a review of the company to warn other travellers. It's not acceptable to provide you with a dirty, smelly apartment and have you waste so much time calling to get moved.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Filthy apartment

Glad to hear you got it sorted, i'm sure you'll have a great holiday.