We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

My husband and I have chosen to stay at the Qamardeen hotel for our Dubai stopover in early September. We will be arriving in Dubai at 5.30am and departing 2 days later at 10.15am.

If we arrive at the airport at 5.30am roughly what time would we expect to arrive at the hotel? We plan to get a taxi.

We have not booked an early checkin (or the night before) as from reviews it seems that many people are offered access to their rooms from the early morning. I realise this depends on whether rooms are available and may not happen.

If we aren't able to access our room early does the Qamardeen have shower facilities either in the fitness centre or near the pool? I don't want to sleep to be in the room I will just want to shower and change.

It seems we will have more time to eat a leisurely breakfast on our first morning (when we wouldn't have paid for breakfast) rather than the last when we will be leaving to go to the airport. If we book a rate that includes breakfast are they likely to allow us to eat the breakfast on our first morning rather than the final day when we will probably just grab a coffee and go. If this is unlikely then I will get a room only rate and we will get breakfast as required.

Final question - what time should we leave the hotel to go to the airport for our 10.15 am flight with Emirates to Prague?

Thanks for your help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

Landing at 5.30am, clearing the airport and jumping in a cab should get you to the hotel at around 7am - to be honest I think that it's a bit ambitious to expect that they will have a room available, however, they may do.

If they don't then they will let you check in and leave your bags. Hotels will then normally allow you to use the hotels facilities so taking a shower in the fitness area should be fine and having a wee snooze by the pool should be fine too.

Be prepared that they may not have a room free until normal check in time at around 2 or 3pm and although they will try they don't have to knock themselevs out to do so so if that's a concern then I would definitely book the night before.

They may also allow you to have the breakfast on arrival day rather than departure day BUT it's up to them and no one on hear can say for sure whether they will or not so if that's a concern book the room only rate - there are plenty of places nearby in and around Dubai Mall for a very nice breakfast much cheaper than it will be in the hotel too.

I would leave the hotel at 7.45am to go back to the airport for your onward flight.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

Thanks for the response.

I didn't expect to be at the hotel by 7am or to be able to leave so late on our final day! That's so fast - I'm glad I asked.

We really don't want or need our room so early - just a shower and somewhere to change. As long as we can use the facilities at the fitness centre or pool we will be fine.

What time do the breakfast places around Dubai Mall open? The Dubai Mall website suggests that nothing is open before 10am but if places are offering breakfast that seems a bit late to me?

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

OK I just checked the individual cafes and Dome is open at 7.30, Caffe Nero at 8.00 and Brunetti from 8.30.

I would die if I had to wait until 10am for my wake up coffee!!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

There are some cafes that open earlier than 10am but most places serve breakfast until 11am ish

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,691 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

The lobby lounge cafe will serve coffee so there's no need to wait until 10am for that and I think Qarmedeen has tea and coffee facilities in the room (although I can't remember for sure)

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

Thanks Latimer - you are incredible on this forum.

I have read so many of your responses. They are always very helpful.

7. Re: A few questions about the Qamardeen hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:16