We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prescribed medications

Dell City, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Prescribed medications

My husband and I are going to UAE and Oman for 2 wks holiday in May and he has read online that sleeping pills and valium are prohibited in the country.

Now my husband does take a great deal of pills daily, including a sleeping pill at night and I have valium for plane travel. All these are our regular meds and of course we always take our GP's letter and prescriptions with us and carry them in our hand luggage.

Will they be taken from us and/or can anyone advise if there is a govt dept in Dubai I contact.

Mentioned in this post
Oman
Oman
Middle East
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,592 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prescribed medications

All you need to do is exactly what you have described. Carry a copy of the prescription and keep them in your hand luggage.

There is no need to declare them or produce the presecription unless asked to do so.

Dell City, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prescribed medications

thanks for your help.cheers

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prescribed medications

Sorry to hijack this post but does this apply to ventolin inhalers too.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prescribed medications

You can buy Ventolin over the counter here. As we generally say, bring it in its original packaging and a copy of your script.

5. Re: Prescribed medications

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:42