We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Hi, me and a friend are thinking of going to Dubai for 4 or 5 nights next year. We will be flying from Manchester, and we are flexible when we travel (from January to may).

We are on a budget of £600pp maximum (flight and hotel)

Ideally I would love to fly Emirates direct, if we can get flights for around £400pp this could be possible, but if not which airlines should we also consider that fly indirect? (easiest change and best value for money)

When is the best time to book flights?

Hotels wise I have done lots of research already and am looking at a huge list, that I will have to start narrowing down!

Any advice at all would be appreciated, thanks

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

you`ll struggle to be honest especially flying out of Manchester..

£400 is the bare minimum price for an indirect flight out of manchester with the likes of Air France.. how you plan to spend £200 on 5 nights in a hotel in dubai isnt really possible.. at £100 a night will get you a very basic hotel!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,476 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Agree with Faddy - cheapest flight to Dubai I ever got was with BA sale ex LHR a couple of years ago for £384 pp.

Emirates are a lot more expensive and prices have gone up a lot with the recent additional taxes.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Ok thanks for the replies, thats very helpful.

I had noticed that last minute deals to Dubai seem pretty reasonable and if we went this May, we could get an indirect flight with a reasonable hotel for £600pp.

Is it cheaper to book early or late when booking Dubai? (I had assumed that early booking would be cheaper, but cant really compare properly as May flights 2013 aren't out yet).

I think we will have to scrap going Emirates. I dont really mind indirect as long as it wont be too difficult and we wont get lost anywhere!

Thanks again x

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,459 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

You won't get a direct flight from Manchester and an hotel in Dubai for that price and those dates.

January to May is high season.

You might get an indirect flight at just under £400 but even a premier inn in Dubai will be around £70 a night.

Expedia is a good site to compare package prices for flights and hotels but they will always quote the cheapest flight price (not always direct and some odd flight times)

I saw a week in Dubai in Feb on expedia with flights on KLM (change in Schipol, Amsterdam) and staying at Winchester Grand for £585

Edited: 01 May 2012, 12:38
Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Is it cheaper to go in May than January-April?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Yes, end of September to end of April is the most expansive time in Dubai. The higher summer temperatures mean it is considered low season. You are still at the lower end of the budget scale for a flight and hotel.

I'd look at KLM or Qatar for indirect flights and sign up for newsletters to see when sales are on. 11months is the earliest possible booking date for flights.

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
756 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Sign up for all of the newsletters and alerts so that you don't miss any promotions - we got direct flights with Emirates from BHX to DXB for April 12 - 20 for £360 each. These were booked in January during the Emirates sale, with an extra 10% (I think) for being Skywards gold.

If you are booking a package on line be careful to watch the dates / nights included.

I have seen deals which look good but then you find that if you arrive for example at say at 00.20 early hours of a Tuesday morning, they don't include that night(which feels like Monday night) - and the hotel only starts from Tuesday late afternoon.

A lot of people take overnight flights to save accommodation costs, but personally I prefer to get a good nights sleep in a bed, and I have found instances when it's been cheaper to take the day flight and pay for an extra hotel night.

You really do have to keep on trying all options and be patient if you are in search of a particular deal - but you have plenty of time so enjoy the planning!

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Thanks very much :)

I love holidays research, sometimes more than the actual holiday lol!

I have always wanted to go to Dubai, so when my OH suggested I go with a friend as he doesnt fancy it, he didnt have to suggest it twice!

I was looking on a few sites last night, and found Jumeriah rotanan,movenpick deira,ramada jumeirah and savoy suites all for under £400 for 4 nights next feb/march I dont know if they are any good, as I havent checked reviews but they seemed ok. Maybe they are £400pp and I've read the site wrong lol! I'll double check :)

West Sussex
Level Contributor
418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

You could try

http://www.bestatdubaiholidays.co.uk

I have always managed to get a good deal from them. Not sure if they can go as low as £600 for 5 nights, but they are good. They once told me prices dropped about 8th May ?? Not sure if this was just sales talk? But I think they are worth a call and I have also found if you call, you it'scheaper than it says on their website.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
156 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubai 2013 - when should we book flights?

Hi we are going in may and booked our flights in August with Qatar from Manchester we paid 320 a ticket which was a great price so keep your eyes open it might be possible ! X x s