We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

hello!

First time writing in this forum!

I have read quite a few threads through but I thought I'd ask too. . My best friend and I are flying to Doha (via Dubai) in November to visit a friend. . Our flights arrived in the late evening and our connecting to Doha is early in the morning - are there any hotel rooms in the airport we can get a quick kip in or do we have to get out to get a room outside the terminals?

Secondly we are flying to Dubai on the way back to the Far East, we want to spend a few days shopping in Dubai, we want to go to Mall of Emirates and Dubai Mall (plus possibly a few others!!?!), pls can anyone recommend a good four/three star hotel for us wthin walking distance to either?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

I like Holiday Inn Al Barsha. 5-10 mins walk from MOE and a little longer to the metro which is inside MOE.

Nice rooms, small rooftop pool and lovely views from the terrace there of the Burj al Arab, Burj Khalifa and Atlantis. Free shuttle to beach and 10 mins in a taxi to Jumeirah Beach Walk and Marina.

I often use it on stopovers.

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Ibis Mall of the Emirates - just a 5 mins walk to the mall.

Qamardeen Hotel in Downtown Dubai is pretty near Dubai Mall.

If it's shopping you're after - Dubai Mall should be your final destination. ;)

Also don't forget the famous souks (local markets) in Bur Dubai & Deira.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Hi,

In answer the first part of your query, have a look at the following website:

http://www.dih-dca.com/dihnew/default.aspx

They are Hotel Rooms in both Terminals 1 and 3.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 06 May 2012, 21:54
Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Will check them out!

Arlington VA
Level Contributor
161 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Al Manzil Hotel is across from Dubai Mall, Souk al Bahar and near Qamardeen Hotel as already suggested. This is an excellent location to visit the mall and Burj Khalifa. There is also easy access by bus (F13) to the metro station from the mall if it is too hot to walk. Metro would take you to Mall of the Emirates or the opposite direction to the creek area and souks. Cards for metro can be purchased at Waitrose in the Dubai Mall. Of course plenty of taxis in this area as well.

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Thanks Lilybob24 -

Taxis should be safe for us two ladies shouldn't it? We are two mummies taking a break from our other halves and kiddies so really keen to hit the shops!! Lol! We are also keen to go the souks...from what I have read we should be able to get taxis easily?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,527 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Taxis are safe, cheap, plentiful and metered. There is no need to worry about taking them

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Thanks Latimer :-)

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Hi, we are staying in the Al Manzil right now. It is a lovely hotel and the staff go out of their way to help you. The only thing is that the rooms and bathrooms are all open plan so look at the pics on tripadvisor to see if it is okay for you travelling with a friend if you plan to share a room.

This hotel is a 5-10 min walk from the Dubai mall which is right next to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountains. We walked about half an hour today to the metro stop and caught the monorail to MOE which was convenient although it was way too hot to walk. Taking a taxi is prob a better way to go. Hope that helps.

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Mall of Emirates or Dubai Mall

Thanks FirstTimer US Traveller! Will check it out! Hope Dubai is fun for you ;-)