We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hilton jumeirah

egypt
Level Contributor
362 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
hilton jumeirah

booking the hilton jumeirah yes i have been in it before been offered exexcutive room and half board price is ok is it right you get soft drinks all day in lounge just wondered if it is what it says last time we went bb didnt use hotel much went on cruise later

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hilton jumeirah

You will get breakfast in the lounge or in the main restaurant.

You will get free soft drinks and tea and coffee all day

You will get a couple of hours of free drinks in the evening.

It is what it says.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,849 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hilton jumeirah

Yes it is what it says. Stayed there when we got dumped off our cruise due to the ash crisis and couldn't fault the hotel. Did the executive package too as I needed the drink owing to the dire circumstances, lol.

Breakfast is either in the executive lounge or main lounge. We did the executive lounge. Plenty of drinks and they top up regularly.

Nice position on the walk too.

Edited: 19 May 2012, 19:47
egypt
Level Contributor
362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hilton jumeirah

do they use one restaurant for the half board do you know

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
17,849 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hilton jumeirah

Think the half board restaurant was the main one downstairs, but we only did B&B not half board as there are lots of places to eat on the walk. We did do the executive package which we thought was a good deal.

Edited: 19 May 2012, 20:17
Dormansland, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hilton jumeirah

The main one downstairs is the half board one. It's like buffet food which is ok for one night but not for the whole stay. You can use a dinner credit of 100 dirhams in the other restaurants but it doesn't go far. We went to the Italian and a pizza was around 90 dirham as was a vegetarian pasta dish!!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hilton jumeirah

As I said on your previous post I reaaly don't know why you have booked club and half board.

On club you get breakfast anyway and the walk is so close that I really wouldn't bother with half board, especially if you are club exec guests

The price for half board may be good but if you combine it with club you are in effect pating for breakfast twice !

Edited: 19 May 2012, 21:32
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hilton jumeirah

I agree with Laimer. If you have have Executive Lounge Access you don't need half board...

egypt
Level Contributor
362 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hilton jumeirah

havnt booked it yet still looking for a deal but cannot understand where you are coming from i have still to buy my evening meal even if i am executive you only get drinks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,831 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hilton jumeirah

But you're paying for breakfast twice and there is more than 1 mile of cafes and restaurants outside the door - most of which take entertainer vouchers and where you can eat for £15-20 a head.

Or you can go half board with club, pay for breakfast twice and eat in the same hotel buffet every night. I'm thinking that would pale after a few days of breakfast and dinner in the same place.

I'm coming from the fact that I wouldn't do it with that much choice around me but we're all different. Part of the reason I go to Dubai is to eat out somewhere different every night and have more choice

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10. Re: hilton jumeirah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:41