We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

japanese creekside resturant / spice island

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
japanese creekside resturant / spice island

Hi we are booked to go up Burj kalifie on Sunday at 5.30 pm we planned to book either the Japanese seafood creekside rest urant at the Sheraton or go to Spice Island which is nearest and which is considered best ??

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,160 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: japanese creekside resturant / spice island

I have not eaten at the Japanese restaurant in the Sheraton but have been to Spice Island a few times (when it was the renaissance hotel). It is now changed to Crowne Plaza but I beleive the restaurant is still as good as it used to be.

I'd give Spice Island a go - Whenever I've been in the Sheraton (to eat at the indian) the Japanese restaurant always looked dead quiet.

They are not too far from each other, in a taxi Sheraton might be a little quicker (only a few mins) however you can easily get the metro to Spice Island - it is Salah Al Din metro, I think the hotel is really close by.

You can get Union Square metro if you want to go to the Sheraton Creek - about 5 to 10 mins walk.

Edited: 05 June 2012, 10:01
Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
630 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: japanese creekside resturant / spice island

I went to Spice Island did not like it at all . Just shows we are all different and going by the reviews lots of people do like it . The food was not as good as I thought it would be. Would imagine if you went with friends or have children

it be ideal.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: japanese creekside resturant / spice island

If its after your trip up Burj Khalifa I wouldn't do either, there are so many lovely restaurants round the lake from where you can watch the fountains after your BK trip

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,430 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: japanese creekside resturant / spice island

Forgot to add that it would take around 20-25 mins to get to either -depending on traffic and if I was choosing it would be Spice Island, though that's because I hate Japanese food

5. Re: japanese creekside resturant / spice island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:18