We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Abu Dhabi worth a detour for a 4-5 day trip?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Is Abu Dhabi worth a detour for a 4-5 day trip?

Hello,

I will have the opportunity to stop 4 days around early october in Dubai (Connecting flight). Is it worth going to Abu Dhabi as well?

Any other MUST DO attractions in UAE? As for other attractions: I have already done the Desert Safari in Morrocco, and the Desert in Jordan, so I don't feel I need o do that.

Thanks!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,476 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Abu Dhabi worth a detour for a 4-5 day trip?

Please take some time to read the top questions to the right of the posts page for things to do and see in Dubai.

The UAE is quite large so I doubt in 4 days you could see much of the rest of it. Do you mean attractions in Dubai ? If so can you tell us what is an attraction for you ? Someone else's list of must do things may not be the same as yours.

Abu Dhabi will take at least a day to do with an early start and late return - it;s a 2 hour drive there and a 2 hour drive back through some rather uninspiring flat desert. However, once there there is enough tme to fit most must see things in. Taking an organsied tour is probably the best way to see the main highlights so google day tours to Abu Dhabi from Dubai to see if what is on offer is attractive. Whatever you do see the Grand Mosque is worth not missing - check that it will be open if you do plan to go so you don't head all the way there on the wrong day.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,738 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Abu Dhabi worth a detour for a 4-5 day trip?

If you only have four days then I'd definitely stick to Dubai with a day trip to Abu Dhabi. I don't think there is anything else worth travelling to see in such a short visit.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Abu Dhabi worth a detour for a 4-5 day trip?

I think you will find the desert and all other aspects of the UAE different to Morocco and Jordan. The historic parts of Dubai/Sharjah may interest you. Visitors to Abu Dhabi often take a day to go to Dubai (and vice versa) as the two cities although similar being only 2 hours at most apart and very modern with malls and a lot of high rise buildings - but they have some unique attractions. In Abu Dhabi the top attraction is Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, as also recommended by Latimer. By public transport it only costs 20 Dirhams per person per trip to Abu Dhabi and bus or taxi fares in the city are cheap. ILME

4. Re: Is Abu Dhabi worth a detour for a 4-5 day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:15