We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
38 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

We're traveling to Dubai this August. And I heard that the weather is extremely hot right now. We're planning to visit Wild Wadi and Atlantis in one day. Any suggestions if we should go to Wild Wadi first in the morning (around 11:00 AM) and then Atlantis at around 4:00? Or Atlantis first and then Wild Wadi before sunset when it's - I assume - a bit cooler? (Btw, we're not planning on doing water activities in Atlantis - just visiting the hotel. We'll be doing water activities in Wild Wadi.)

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,722 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

I would suggest visiting Wild Wadi as soon as it opens to the general public at 10am. If you want to go on the Flowrider 'surfing' rides it's best to get to them just after opening as usually have queues otherwise.

It's not that much cooler later in the day and the humidity is often higher in the evening. The water in the rides and pool at WW is chilled so you'll be kept cool by that.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

Wild Wadi may take you several hours to do, since you would tend to enjoy the water rides. Atlantis has a shopping arcade, bunch of restaurants, aquarium, water adventures etc in the ground level (and below), the residing hotel is upstairs. Depending on your interest, that place could also take several hours. Since you will get wet in WW, you may like to do it last, even if you have change clothes.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
952 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

Definitely go when it opens, that way you'll get to enjoy the rides while the locals are still in their beds.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

I would go as early as possible, no point in waiting until late afternoon.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

Wild Wadi gets busy, so do it first.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
38 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

Hmm.. So it looks like it's gonna be Wild Wadi first.. and then Atlantis! Thanks a lot, guys! :)

midlands
Level Contributor
24 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

We were there last week, definitely get there when it opens, much quieter. Walkways get hot on bare feet even though they keep spraying with water, most rides seemed to have shelves to leave flipflops in at the start. Have fun.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

Just back from wild wadi got there at 1030 food time to arrive got on all rides no probs by lunch much busier by 3pm packed we left around then

scotland
Level Contributor
61 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

we are just back, went at 10am, really quiet and got on the bigger rides without queueing, lunch about 12.30pm was quite, also, they have 'ladies only' evenings, can't remember what days they were tho, sorry, so may be an idea to go in the morning. The changing rooms have all facilities too, so no need to go to Atlantis wet. It was hot and humid outside the park, however, plenty of water to keep you cool around the park.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
38 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wild Wadi - Morning or Late Afternoon?

Thanks for all the advice. Just got back from our trip. Had a great time in Wild Wadi Water Park. Arrived there at around 1:30 PM on a Friday (Ramadan). There were quite a lot of people but not too crowded. Queues were not that long (around 5-10 minutes wait for each ride). The heat was not a problem because the water was chilled. Plus, the rides were so much fun to even notice the weather.

To answer my own question, based on my own experience, I guess either way would be fine: One can go first to Atlantis early in the morning, then get to Wild Wadi around 1:00 PM. Or one can go first to Wild Wadi at 10:00 AM then Atlantis afterwards. Annmarie45 is right - they have nice changing rooms so there's no need to worry about being wet going to your next destination.

Edited: 22 August 2012, 14:41