We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area around Burj Khalif

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Area around Burj Khalif

Hi...want to go to the Burj Khalif in October and also see the fountains,

but am going with friends who want to see the fountains only. What is there to do near the Burj Khalif while I am up the top! Also what time does it get dark in Dubai at beginning of October please.

kent
Level Contributor
115 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

HI,

I went up the Burj khalif last August but two family members decided not to. There are many shops to look around and the glass viewing area of the aquarium is worth a look while waiting. There are also numerous places to sit and have a coffee. The trip up the tower doesn't last that long ( unless you spend ages at the top).

We were there at about 6pm so it was still sunny but the fountains were still amazing without being lit up.

It's worth booking the trip before you go as it is so much cheaper plus you are guaranteed a place on the tour.

2. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2012, 10:05
3. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 July 2012, 10:05
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

You enter the "at the top" at- the -bottom in Dubai Mall. Close the exit for the lake for the fountain show.

While are up at the observation deck, they will have the whole mall to explore and experience as well as (connected by a foot bridge) Souk Al Bahar. I prefer to watch the fountains from the Souk side as you get more of a panoramic effect as the fountains move.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

See here for sunset times: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295424-i872-k42…

The fountain looks incredible from above so you can take the chance to see it from BK and also again when you are down. It's 100 times better after dark than in daylight.

While you're up BK your friends can shop, eat and drink in either Dubai Mall or Souk al Bahar or wander around the Burj lake and Burj park. The aquarium in Dubai is also well worth a visit - you can see a lot from outside without paying to get in.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

Thanks everyone....that's really helpful.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,035 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

I think its the worlds biggest shopping centre, which is at the bottom of the Burj Khalifa.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

Hi All,

My husband & I are having a two day stop-over in Dubai in September on our way to Paris and then Italy. We really only have about 1 1/2 days available for sight seeing and the Burj Khalif is on the top of the list of things to do.

I've been told that you can have high tea there which then also covers entry/charges. Can anyone confirm this please and if not, for those who have been there, when is the best time of day and how much did it cost roughly? Kali737's comments make the fountains at sunset sound worthwhile.

scotland UK
Level Contributor
540 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

It costs 100 DHS if you book online but if you just turn up then its 400DHS. Better to book anyway so that you can choose the time, I went at 7pm last week but obviously sunset time changes. I you turn up earlier than your booking time, they let you go up, we were 30 mins early so it let us see it in daylight and sunset. Takes about an hour all in.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Area around Burj Khalif

I think you may be confusing Burj Al Arab (sail shaped hotel) with Burj Khalifa (tallest tower in the world). BAA serves high/afternoon tea and that is often how people get to look inside that hotel. BK has a viewing deck which costs are as scottylass confirmed.

Edited: 26 July 2012, 13:39