We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you do?

LiverpoolBP
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What would you do?

Please picture the scene, it is September in Dubai and this is your very first visit you and your O.H. are celebrating a special Wedding Anniversary!

Just wandering how others would celebrate it?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you do?

If it was me then definitely a meal in a nice restaurant, but that's just something that we like to do on special occasions. It's a never ending debate on which is the best restaurant in Dubai so you you are sure to get lots of recommendations if that's what you would like to do!

Others things to consider would be a sunrise hot air ballon ride, Sea Wings plane ride over Dubai, Sky diving over The Palm Jumeirah, charter a boat for a few hours, swim with dolphins/dive with sharks.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,776 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you do?

Without hesitation I would book a Junsui spa day at the Burj al Arab.

Arrive at 10 am and go in through security and on through the jaw dropping atirum up to the spa on the 18th floor,get changed and head to the Burj al Arab private beach.

Then around 2pm I would go back up to the spa for a treatment at 3pm and a relaxing steam and or sauna before swimming in their infinity pool with fabulous views over Dubai.

Then I'd get changed for dinner using all the freebie products and hairdryers in the excellent changing area for the spa and head down to Junsui bar for pre dinner drinks and dinner.

jumeirah.com/en/…

It costs 905 dirham (so £160ish)perperson

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you do?

I agree with Latimer, book the spa, it's something you'll never forget.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you do?

First things first: do not forget to buy your stuff from DDF when you arrive! Maybe on the D-day get something nice from the gold souk and present it while you are at one of the nice spots mentioned by other members here :-)

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you do?

Everyone is different and only you know your partner so make sure it is something you both would love to do. I just thought I would add to the debate because my OH would definitely not appreciate the spa, however good, even if he was paid :)

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What would you do?

Been swithering as to what to book for hubby's 50th and had a few alternatives held, decided now the spa is the thing to do! He likes a good beach chillout, massage and nice dinner and to do all of these in the BAA is icing on the (birthday) cake. Just booked it, happy days!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,776 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would you do?

Woody

Great choice. And if you have any questions about what to do, what to wear, how it works etc.

Then please read this topic, it's 3 pages long and there is a lot of info on it so worth reading all the posts.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…42138895

It might be useful for Liverpoolaa too

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What would you do?

Thank you thank you for all your help and advice! I'm happy I've finally decided! Can't wait! x

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,776 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What would you do?

And here's a video of the mixed infinity pool in the spa.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtMXUGOGACE&NR=1

There is also a ladies only infinity pool that can be reached from the ladies changing area.

It has a spectacular view of Palm Island and the sunset so worth going in that one too BUT definitely ladies only in that one

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What would you do?

Stunning! x