We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jumeirah Beach construction work?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
LiverpoolBP
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Jumeirah Beach construction work?

Does anyone know which Hotels are next to on-going construction work on Jumeirah Beach.

We were looking to book the Hilton Jumeirah Beach Residences, but have been advised there is construction work taking place next to it!

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

your information is incorrect. There is some foundation work currently in progress just up from the Hilton itself but with the exception of a small restaurant fit out there is no construction in the JBR Bahar block at the moment.

You may well be using the Hilton Beach and Gardens rather than the JBR pool during your trip but the noise from the piling work at the moment is not that intrusive.

The noise from the children enjoying themselves in the pool is a bigger problem

LiverpoolBP
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

Thank you Blighty, I was hoping you would reply to my question!

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
276 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

Hmmmm!

Confused now because when looking to book, the Hilton website has a big banner warning of construction work taking place around the hotel. It says that Sea views and Walk views may be obstructed!

I am trying very hard to persuade my husband to change his business trip location to here. But too much interference disturbing his work would obviously be out of the question.

Anyone actually stayed there recently and experienced it first hand?

Many thanks.

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

We stayed at the Grand Habtoor in June and could see the construction work, but it does not effect the Meridian in anyway, we could only see as we were in a tower room and could see from our room.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

I actually live just opposite from the Hilton so I can tell you categorically there is some construction work going on. The extent is as follows; immediately to the right of the Hilton is a dug out area and it has been like that for a number of months, then next to that ( about 50 yards from the hotel) they have started the piling work as previously stated.

Yes I agree that the Sea views and walk views may be obstructed if you come later on this year or early next depending what side of the hotel they put you but at the moment have no worries , the value of the hotel more than compensates for any inconvenience.

Now if you were talking about the Sheraton further down the walk then I would say you should be concerned as the new tower next to that hotel has caused some noise and dust issues but people still go

Hope that helps

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
276 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

Thanks BlightyinDubai for putting my mind at rest..

Just a little more gentle persuasion and I should be all sorted.

Used the Hilton beach and pool facilities for six days last year

really reallyy enjoyed the experience.

Roll on September !!!!

Thanks once again.

Kamp-Lintfort
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

You have a new photo of the construction site close to the Amway Rotana or Ocean View hotel (parking and loading line)? Is there on the Beach?

Kamp-Lintfort
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

you have a new photo of the construction site close to the Amway Rotana or Ocean View hotel (parking and loading line)? Is there on the Beach?

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

What do you predict the construction will be like September 2013? I booked not checking first and am a bit worried. I can deal with disrupted views just not bad noise! I have booked walk view room half board it was a good price mind.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 09:49
london
Level Contributor
381 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jumeirah Beach construction work?

I had intended staying at the Hilton, but decided against it, because of the building work. We were in Dubai last week, and we went to look at the Hilton, just to see if we had made the right decision.

From The Walk you are very aware of the building work, but once inside the hotel and the grounds it is not really noticeable. At the moment they are just digging down for the foundations, and it seems to cover a huge area, so it certainly won't be finished by September. There is also some other work being done the other side of the hotel, but again probably far enough away to not interfere with your enjoyment.

Did I make the right decision, well still not sure. The whole of the Jumeirah beach area and the marina seems to be full of building work, but it would have been nice to be by the beach, rather than having to travel from town to the beach.