We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

HI

Havent got a lot of experience of going away but always booked through expedia. Does anyone have any reccomendations of online or otherwise places to book Dubai through? I'm a single traveller so its working out really costly at the moment. Ideally i want a 3 - 5 star hotel, 3 or 4 nights (latter preferably) for around 1k-1200; is this unrealistic? Looking at december / february / january 2014 - any help appreciated!!

Pretoria
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

I found the best prices on octupustravel and booking.com. Hotelscombined also allow you to compare prices on more than 36 hotel booking sites.

Ensure you book rooms with no cancel fee and continue searching on a regular basis.

Also ensure you check the rating for the hotel. As a rule I never book a hotel with a score lower than 7/10.

Check for hotels close to Metro stations to reduce taxi fees

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

Your looking at going at one of the most expensive times for a start,

try booking flight & hotel direct yourself too ..

London
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

For me next trip I have used letsgo2 - definitely worth shopping around all options though, the prices seem to differ greatly!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

Booking.com and Agoda.com offer good rates for hotels but you will need to book flights separately. As mentioned by someone else you have chosen one of the more expensive times to visit so I would make sure you can get a reasonable priced fight before booking a hotel if you decide to book them separately yourself.

north wales
Level Contributor
31 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

I also booked our latest holiday through letsgo2, who were significantly cheaper than anyone else - almost £500 less than Destinology and £300 less than expedia or doing flight/hotel seperately, and you can bargain with them on price a little bit too!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
577 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

Letsgo2 ..... cheapest IMO

london
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

Dates you want will be out of system range at min but check out Pegasus Airlines. For Feb 2013 return to DXB from STN for £199. Not direct but hey.

Unless you are dead set on the dates i would look at September. Will be very hot but you will be able to get a lovely hotel for your budget, and the hotels are build to deal with the temperatures.

Southall travel have some very good deals on now for lower star properties flying on EK. They wont replicate during the dates you want but are worth a look.

wigan
Level Contributor
290 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

Wow thanks everyone for all your advice!:) Inthe last few days I've discovered Southall travel and also rates to go (would well reccomend both) and sta travel

Unfortunately I am terrible dealing with really hot humidity so jan/feb are my only options and dec. Will definitely try letsgo2 - thanks everyone for all the advice and tips:) xxx

9. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 23:08
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheaper holiday companies/places to book through?

Bestattravel are very competitively priced.