We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will it be warm enough...

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Will it be warm enough...

I am planning a trip to Dubai in the 3RD WEEK in November. I have seen average temps and it all looks good. However in peoples experience will it be warm enough to:

1. sunbathe

2. swim in the hotel pools

2. swim in the sea

3. sit outside at night for dinner

Many thanks!

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will it be warm enough...

Hi we were there 2nd 2 weeks in Nov last year & going again 11th Nov this year again for 2 weeks & did all off the above, def warm enough. Temp approx low 30's.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will it be warm enough...

YES to all 4 questions

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will it be warm enough...

Yes, it's a good month to visit not too hot but still hot enough to sunbathe and swim.

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Will it be warm enough...

Many thanks!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,101 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will it be warm enough...

It might seem a daft question to some, but the last time I was in Dubai, in January, it was quite cool, especially when there was a lot of cloud cover.

A great time to actually walk around the city comfortably though

Newcastle-upon-Tyne...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Will it be warm enough...

It'll definitely be warm enough to do all of them things. I was there in November last year and it was boiling hot. You'll probably need to keep going in the pool or sea to get cooled off.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will it be warm enough...

What will September be like? Also I need to take codeine for my back, have a Dr's letter and prescription will that be enough. How tough are they at customs in Dubai? Many Thanks to you.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will it be warm enough...

bethmar, please search the forum for endless answers to the question about medication. Dubai customs are no tougher than any other country sticking to their banned medicines list.

September is still hot.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will it be warm enough...

Thank you Kali737. It's just that this is my first time and I was silly enough not to think of medications until now. I have really searched for an updated answer to codeine and I really can't find one. I traveled to the US and just took my script and everything was fine but had been told Dubai was very strict.

Thanks again.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,799 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will it be warm enough...

All you need to do is carry it in your hand luggage and take your script.

As you say the US has coedine as a banned substance too and if you think getting into Dubai will be any more difficult than getting into the US then you're in for a pleasant surprise.