We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive- is it worth it?

Saffron Walden...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All inclusive- is it worth it?

I am thinking of taking my 17 yr old son to Dubai in a few weeks, and have a budget. First holiday since my divorce so nervous of hidden extras at the end of the holiday.

Is going all inclusive at Jebel Ali at £75 pp per day worth it? How much would we spend on food (not likely to use the unlimited alcohol

due to his age and me not being much of a drinker) so are we likely to spend that much on food and soft drinks in another hotel? eg Sheraton. Thanks

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,061 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive- is it worth it?

Not sure I would book Jebel Ali for a first visit - it is quite a distance from the city and you'll spend a bit on taxis if you want to see some of Dubai.

It is possible to stay in most places in the city and be within easy reach of plenty of places to eat out quite cheaply - all of the malls have restaurants and food courts and you'll find that fast food or food in a mall is not as expensive as it would be in Bluewater for example.

The Sheraton is at the end of a 1 mile road full of cafes and restaurants and there's no need to pay hotel soft drink prices; just stock up on coke etc at the nearest supermarket and take it back to the hotel. Coke or any similar canned drink is also cheaper than it is in the UK

So to sum up you will be able to eat out for a lot less than £75 per person per day.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
379 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive- is it worth it?

There are fastfood restaurants all over Dubai. Each mall will have a food court. Most restaurants will have meals for about AED 25 ($8).

Then there are mid-range restaurants like Friday's, Chili's and so on that will cost about $15 per person.

Then the upscale places can go as high as $100 per person.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
705 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive- is it worth it?

I have stayed there on all inclusive and I do think it worth it . The food is fantastic and you can dine at all the restaurants there. Just depends on what you are looking for. There is a free bus that takes you to the Battuta Mall and the Mall of the Emitates oh and the Atlantis . Are you going just to relax and get some sun or do you want to get out and explore Dubai ?.

Edited: 04 October 2012, 08:44
Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive- is it worth it?

Yes you can eat out at less than 75 pppd , but hotel costs are similar anywhere, and id say a average lunch was around 40 for us as a couple without booze. dinner always in excess of a 70 pound so if you want nice dining it is worth it , if your prepared to pop here and there for less expensive ie not in the hotels then it will be cheaper. but if you jsut ate at the sheraton then it would be better value at the jebel ali all inclusive.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive- is it worth it?

Having stayed here it is worth it unless you are happy to eat in fastfood places in which case it will be cheaper to stay elsewhere.

It is a little far out but runs regular shuttle buses and has a rep if you fancy a day trip. The food and drink are very good quality and the hotel has extensive grounds, it is nicer than The Sheraton.

If you spend a lot of time around the pool then even soft drinks add onto the price in 5* hotels and poolside lunches can set you back but if you are prepared to go outside the hotel during the day then you can eat out cheaply on the walk.

It really depends on how much time you plan to spend in the hotel but i will say the Jebel Ali was the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in.

Worcester UK
Level Contributor
759 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive- is it worth it?

When we stayed all inclusive at JA, our children enjoyed taking advantage of the included water sports - wind surfing etc. This may be of interet to your son?

JA is quite a long way out, but it's lovely and relaxing, and you can get relatively cheap taxis to anywhere you may want to visit - or take a shuttle there but taxi back if the shuttle times don't suit.

We have never fancied doing all inclusive before - too many visions of cheap booze and nasty wrist bands to wear - but it was great at JA. There was no way of knowing who was on the AI deal - you signed the bill as usual for everything you had, but at the end ofteh holiday there was nothing on the bill! The food was excellent, and you could choose from a decent wine list in the restaurants.

It is quite expensive at £75pp, but once you have paid this, you don't have to worry about what you may decide to order or do.

7. Re: All inclusive- is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 01:18