We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

Chittagong City...
14 posts
Save Topic
Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

Hi Good day.

It’s me Zico from Bangladesh. I have plan to travel in Dubai November in this reason I already purchase my business class ticket through my travel agent (27 Departure /30 Arrive Nov 2012) & apply for visa through Emirates (tourist visa-30 days) Air Nov 1st week 2012.

Meanwhile I hear from some local news UAE govt stopping to issuing all type visas for Bangladeshi passport holder. In this situation what can I do? Can I cancel my ticket & refund it?

Note: I'm a businessman & It's before I'm already travel once UAE (Dubai) as a tourist last March 2012

Looking forward to hearing soon.

Best Regards

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

Don't belief in rumour, google for yourself: gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/visa/no-banglades…

The visa ban seems to appear only for workers.

Edited: 05 October 2012, 06:18
Chittagong City...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

Dear Dubai_Phil_64,

Thanks for your advise. I'm very much worry about this news, because local media & gulf news announce this stopping for all type visa (tourist/business/visited & work). Gulf news also written following article on yesterday 04 Oct 2012.

gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/general/no-new-ua…

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,542 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

In your situation I would wait for a response from Emirates regarding your visa application and then decide what you need to do. It may be granted and if it is you will have cancelled your trip for no reason.

Chittagong City...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

Dear Latimer

Thanks for your advise. I hope UAE Govt as soon as possible open the visa for business professional category passport holder.

B.Regards

Zico

Dhaka City...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

Dear concerned,

I need to apply for a visit visa from Bangladesh to UAE. My flight is due on 11th June and due to some technical problems I couldn't apply earlier. However, I heard that visit visa from BD to UAE is impossible. Is it true? this is very important and urgent. Please help me.

Regards

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

Read above. Your assumption is wrong. Visa is possible.

But visa within 2 working days is unlikely. Thursday is a bank holiday. Gov. only starts working on Sunday and you will not get your visa on Monday afternoon for flight on Tuesday.

Re-schedule your trip based on reasonable timing.

Dhaka, null...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

thanx a lot, but if i get my visa then i can reschedule my trip can't i? and more over i have read the previous thread but i heard recently there has been a reduction in the number of visas.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 17:08
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

The news have been related to work permits / residence visa.

Different story, has nothing to do with tourist or visit visa.

The visa is valid for a specific period. Within this period you are free to come to Dubai. I assume you will receive a single entry visa.

Do not know if you have bought your ticket already. If this is the case, you most likely will need to re-schedule. Depending on your ticket / condition you might have to pay for a change of schedule. If you have a ticket and just do not show up at the airport (no-show), you will have to pay a penalty. So it is recommended to re-schedule before.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

It is true that even visit or tourist visas to certain nationalities are given in a bit of a restrictive way. So plan well ahead to obtain the visa first before booking the ticket.

10. Re: Uae Tourist Visa Through Emirates Air Sponsorship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 07:17