We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paid airport lounges in Dubai/cheap hotels near the airport

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
16 posts
503 reviews
Save Topic
Paid airport lounges in Dubai/cheap hotels near the airport

Has anyone used the Marhaba lounges that have paid access? Do they have lounge chairs where you can curl up for a nap? Are they pretty quiet? Worth it?

And how about the Business Class lounge? It also offers paid access, so presumably you don't have to be traveling business class for that?

How are the showers?

Or does anyone have any leads on cheap but decent hotels within a reasonable distance? (Mainly for sleeping/meditating)

I'll have a layover that's only about 9 hours, but it's too long too want to hang out in the middle of everything.

Thanks!

Sunderland England
Level Contributor
269 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paid airport lounges in Dubai/cheap hotels near the airport

I used the Marharba lounge just last week. Arrived early 5am and it was very quiet with quite a few chairs. Went off to do shopping in duty free came back 45 minutes later to a total bullbait.

People were shouting and letting off steam to the receptionist because there were no seats at all. The place was packed to busting and a fair few people curled up on TWO chairs sound asleep.

Food was pretty rubbish too.

Certainly wouldnt consider paying for it again.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,666 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paid airport lounges in Dubai/cheap hotels near the airport

If you want to leave the aiport then you may, depending on Nationality need a visa. That will be expensive for a 6 hour sleep - you'd need to factor in at least one hour to get out and 90 minutes to get back.

One of the lounges may be your best option and you may get luckier than the poster above

NZ
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paid airport lounges in Dubai/cheap hotels near the airport

Everyone I have spoken to lately who have transitted through Dubai have commented that despite T3 being available, the airport has been horribly overcrowded and the once pleasant transit has now become a bit of a nightmare. Shame as I've gone that way 5 or 6 times annually for the last 10 years and have 2 more booked flights to do. Any new bookings will be looking at other options.

Cumbernauld, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paid airport lounges in Dubai/cheap hotels near the airport

hi

I used the Marhaba lounge last week.

i thougt was great but had a different experience to Judyush.

We were there about 11.00 a.m.

there was about 12 people in there all the time.

as the food was piping hot and really nice.

i had tried to find out some details before i booked but could find very little.

I wouldnt hesitate to use it again.

5. Re: Paid airport lounges in Dubai/cheap hotels near the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 16:17