We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

burj khalifa tower dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
burj khalifa tower dubai

what is best time of day for views and to see the fountains from the tower, also is it worth booking online to save queuing.we are visiting in mid december.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,627 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

Hmmmmm... wrong forum maybe? Sri Lanka is 4 hours flying from Dubai

:-(

Tnx,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
2. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

Hi LondonNorman,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question on the Waikkal, Sri Lanka forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Dubai forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
41,350 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

The best time of day depends on whether you want to see the city in daylight or dark - sunset is a very popular time because you get to see both.

The fountains start until 6pm and to be honest, whilst it's cool to see them from that high up, they are best viewed from the lakside where you can also hear the music they dance to.

You can book on line up to 30 days before your trip and this is much cheaper (100 dirham each) than just showing up on the day and wanting immediate entry (400 dirham)

http://www.burjkhalifa.ae/

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,657 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

Unless money is no object, then you should book in advance as much cheaper.

Best time of day for views ?, I'm not sure when visibility is generally better ?. Both times I've been there, in July & January, there's been a lot of sand in the air & visibility hasn't been good at all unfortunately. I don't know if its always like that in Dubai ?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,692 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

No it's not always hazy in Dubai but it is common. Unfortunately there's no sure way of predicting when the weather will be clear so those booking ahead for BK just have to hope for the best.

Ahmedabad
Level Contributor
52 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

Buying tickets online will definitely save you money, but does not guarantee an escape from the queues. There might still be a long queue of visitors waiting to get into the elevators that take you up to the viewing deck. We had our tickets booked online and had to wait for nearly 45 minutes before we could reach the viewing deck upstairs.

Good luck and hope you have a good trip!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,657 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

Supose it depends on the time of the day you visit, whether there'll be queues or not. Both my visits were booked on-line, for mid-late morning, and no queuing both times. Simply picked my ticket up, & walked to the lifts for the journey to the top (or at least 1/2 way up) :)

You just have to hope visibility is good on the day you visit

8. Re: burj khalifa tower dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:19