We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Brunei Airline Luggage and if they strict about it

Dubai, Dubai...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Brunei Airline Luggage and if they strict about it

Hey guys moving to Dubai and have a bit of luggage with me concedering its not a holiday but a move for few years..

I have 22kg in luggage instead of 20kg allowence, and hand luggage of 7kg...

My question is: are they strict in weight 20kg allowence or may be 2 or 3 kg up and they dont spoil your journey by making you pay?

Secondly, hand luggage sometime I know in Emirates airline they dont even check hand luggage, is that the case now as well or everything is by the book?????

Regards

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,735 reviews
from US$80.89*
US$89.87
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
225 reviews
from US$48.00*
Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the Top...
1,417 reviews
from US$38.10*
Helicopter Flight in Dubai
198 reviews
from US$231.08*
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Brunei Airline Luggage and if they strict about it

Depends on where you're departing from and on the check-in agent.

I don't recall having my hand luggage weighed but I was over in hold luggage last year at the end of my holiday (too much shopping, haha) and the check-in agent said she could allow 2kg over but no more. So I had to post the remaining amount of stuff.

***Disclaimer*** This is just one situation and you might want to go by the book, or at worst, have the 2kg or so of extra luggage packed but in a plastic bag or something so it's easy to remove at check-in. You do *not* want to be on your hands and knees at an airport removing stuff from your suitcase while hundreds of people look on! :)

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
45,384 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Brunei Airline Luggage and if they strict about it

Why would payoing for 2kg extra luggage spoil your journey - to me that would be preferable than having your move spoiled by leaving stuff you want to take behind.

Just pack it and pay it if you have to

Edited: 09 December 2012, 10:09
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Brunei Airline Luggage and if they strict about it

Emirates, while departing from T3 Dubai International, are quite strict. They say 30 kg and mean it. Only exception is if you do a self check-in, which lets you load up to 32 kg. As far hand baggage, yes they have actually installed a scale/gauge to check it, and a staff or two are permanently posted to check hand baggage weight before you enter passport control area. All hand baggages will be screened by security by x-ray, while departing or arriving. If Royal Brunei are like most other airlines, they may let you off with 21 or 22 kg. No personal experience, though. Like Latimer said, if you need it, take it, pay for it if it be.

london
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Brunei Airline Luggage and if they strict about it

Ali, they weren't strict on the 20 kg when I used them last month, however we were there early so were easy on us. We were flying to Melbourne, however half our flight was just flying to Dubai. People ahead of us were also checking in 24, 22 kg with different check in people and all got their bags through.

My experience here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k58985…

re hand luggage if you have too much: You can do the old trick of leaving some hand luggage with someone when you checkin and then take though with you when you go through security.

They didn't recheck our bags before we boarded.

My advice would be just get there early and hope for the best with a nice check in agent.

5. Re: Royal Brunei Airline Luggage and if they strict about it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 07:17