We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Entertainment Palm Tree Crt or Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Evening Entertainment Palm Tree Crt or Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Hi - would appreciate any advice from travellers that have been to either / both these hotels in past year or so

Palm Tree Court & JBH still featuring highly on our holiday radar! Just a couple open questions pls for any recent visitors

Are children aged 6 and 2 allowed in any of the bars - we like a nightcap after dinner and from what I've read there are no areas serving alcoholic drinks that kids are permitted??

Is there any evening entertainment - live band, pianist etc

How much is the hourly / session rate for the Creche - I have a 2 year old I would like to pop in Creche so I can have just couple hours peace in the day!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,039 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Entertainment Palm Tree Crt or Jumeirah Beach Hotel

It seems you've asked the same question on three different topics so I'll just reply on this one.

Kids clubs are free at all hotels in Dubai (the exception being Atlantis). Children under 4 are generally required to be accompanied by an adult, although I think the JBH allows a couple of hours for kids under 4 - you will have to check with them.

You can hire babysitters at both hotels and they count as the adult for accompnaying your 2 year old. Both hotels have great reputations for their kids clubs and babysitting facilities.

Generally the folk that sit for the kids also work in the kids club so they get to know them anyway.

Both hotels have a pianist in some areas.

Palm Tree Court is not in Dubai, whereas JBH is.

JBH has free acces to WIld Wadi waterpark, Plam Tree Court doesn't

JBH is closer to a lot more external activity for kids (soft play areas in the malls, Kidszania at Dubai Mall etc), whereas Palm Tree Court is more self contained.

JBH is part of a large complex called Madinat Jumeirah and you reach it by buggy. It has more than 40 places to eat and a souk area which is nice to mooch round in the evening. There are bars in the hotel and in the Madinat souk - Jam Base has live music but no kids allowed.

So do you want to be more central to the rest of Dubai (JBH) or further away (30 mins to the outskirts) with a more self contained resort feel.

Both hotels are very lovely and you won;t be disappointed with either. Have to say if it was my first visit I would be swayed to JBH simply because it is more central and will give you more of an opportunity to actually see a bit more of Dubai and to keep the kids entertained in the many attractions for them.

Please see the section called 'Things for Kids to do in Dubai' in the Top Questions to the right of the posts page

Rochdale, Lancashire
Level Contributor
103 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Entertainment Palm Tree Crt or Jumeirah Beach Hotel

At the JBH there is a nice area just off receiption where you can sit (there must be seating for circa 70/80 in groups of 8/10) and listen to the pianist or just pass the time of day and here you can order alcoholic drinks from the nearby Dow & Anchor, which is the English pub within the JBH. We have sat in this area playing cards many times with our son and enjoying a drink because I think the age requirement in the Dow & Anchor is 21 unless you are having a meal when children are allowed in. You won't be disappointed by the JBH.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,948 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Entertainment Palm Tree Crt or Jumeirah Beach Hotel

I've been to both albeit it was a while back when I stayed in JBH.

Both excellent hotels in their own way - when I stayed at JBH it was my idea of hell as I was child free then and it is without a doubt the most family orientated hotel in Dubai, now I see it from a different perspective and it is a good hotel for kids.

PTC is also an excellent hotel but for different reasons.

JBH is noted for its kids club and as mentioned above has free access to wild wadi - it has a large choice of restaurants (especially if you take into account the madinat resort also), most restaurants are happy to allow kids in until a certain time (lateish) however Dubai tends to operate a no under 21 yrs policy to all bars, so no kids in places unless they are eating and it is classed as a restaurant, even the JBH doesn't have much in the way of drinking areas with young kids.

As Harripo says there is an area off reception, it gets full though and IMHO not ideal for a nice night cap.

PTC is not quite as flashy as JBH, it has a good kids club and facilities for kids but not as good as JBH.

It has an excellent AI facility (I mean really excellent as well) and is allows young children in all restaurants and it sports bar (which serves food also).

The white orchid lounge is close to the reception in PTC and like JBH families are allowed to order drinks from the bar and have them in reception area.

I'm not sure when you are going but the hotel has a nice beach bar which is open in the evenings.

As it is also very family orientated there are lots of children in the restaurants in the evenings and the staff really welcome them.

However the PTC is fairly laid back and if you are looking for cutting edge bars and nightlife, forget it.

Although it has shuttle buses it is further out and location nowhere near as good as JBH.

If it was my first time in Dubai and I had two small children I'd pick JBH but I would have to get a balcony room and try to get HB offer.

If price is a factor and PTC is working out better value for money, you will still enjoy it.

4. Re: Evening Entertainment Palm Tree Crt or Jumeirah Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 06:15
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now