We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

Can I visit Dubai for a month and visit Qatar whilst I am there?

My partner has been asked to go to Dubai for a 4 month secondment with a view to taking a full time role in Qatar.

Before making a decision I wanted to spend some time in the middle east.

Would a travel visa let me stay in Dubai for a month and travel accross? Its likely i will stay in an appartment provided by my partners company and not a hotel.

Thanks

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

If you have a UK passport then you have no issues with visas. You will be given one on arrival Dubai for 30 days , When you exit to go to Doha you will be stamped as leaving. In Doha you can get a visa on arrival and again when you return to Dubai you will get another 30 day visa.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

Thanks

I do hold a british passport so good to know.

Do you know much about Qatar? I'm looking for an IT Project Manager Role, do you know the best way of going about this?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,049 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

You should try some of the expat boards as this is predominently a site for holiday makers.

www.expatforums.com

www.dubaifroums.com

And also the local newspapers on line like Gulf News and Kaleej Times - don't be surprised to see job ads that are not as politically correct as they would be in the UK so you'll see 'male project manager wanted' and 'non-Asian worker required' etc

Dubai, Dubai...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

You could find more info on settling down in Qatar on this website, very resourceful http://www.edarabia.com/qatar/

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

Please take care to see your passport is valid for at least 6 months for each entry into UAE or Qatar.

6. Re: Can I visit Dubai for a month and travel to Qatar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 06:15