We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy dubai darhams at best price

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bharatpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
where to buy dubai darhams at best price

where to buy dubai darhams at best price i m form india

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,404 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy dubai darhams at best price

Assuming you talk amounts for a holiday trip, you can exchange them at any exchange boot.

The Dirham is fixed to the USD with an exchange rate of 3.76 avg.

Bharatpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy dubai darhams at best price

Thanku Sir, ys i m in a holiday trip, but someone told me that the exchange rate by any bank is not good, like online sites showing the exchange rates from inr to aed is 14.75 rs but banks r giving it at 15.43 rs per dirham

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy dubai darhams at best price

Do check for different banks. I don't believe they gave this much change.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,861 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy dubai darhams at best price

The dirham is fixed to the US $ and you'll get about 3.65 for $1 (not 3.76 as typed above).

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy dubai darhams at best price

Last week, the Dubai Mall currency traders/banks offered 3.665 to the USD. I have seen quotes of 3.65 & 3.66 at other locations with fewer exchange houses/banks. Avoid exchanging at the airport and at hotels. The INR has a very wide spread vs the AED and you will be better off buying USD in India and then converting them to AED in DXB.

I mostly use ATMs to withdraw cash for petty expenses and use my credit card at hotels and at shops in major malls.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,404 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy dubai darhams at best price

Sorry. My mistake. Wanted to write 3.67 not 3.76.

3.67 is the average bank exchange rate for AED into USD. You will pay a bit more for exchange in real money than electronic.

Sorry again for the confusion caused.

7. Re: where to buy dubai darhams at best price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 05:18