We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pay for in airport Hotel or use free Emirates Connect ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Pay for in airport Hotel or use free Emirates Connect ?

Hi all; I have a 9 hour over night layover with Emirates ( arrive 1 am - depart 10 am). I suspect I should just pay to use the in terminal Dubai International Hotel, rather than go through immigration and stay at the complimentary Emirates Connect hotel off property.( Although 2 years ago I traveled through DXB at 1am I was able to reach my off site hotel quite quickly ). Any feed back or advice is appreciated . Thanks in advance to all TA members for your help.

DL

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,645 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pay for in airport Hotel or use free Emirates Connect ?

You will need to pre-apply for a visa through Emirates if you want to go out of the airport as they are no longer automatic if you hold a Canadian passport.

Terminal 3 has got busier and busier and your arrival time is one of the busiest times at the airport - people are reporting up to 2 hours to get through immigration - although we can't predict how long it will take on the day you arrive.

The airport hotel is really expensive in comparison to what you can get outside the airport, especially if you are getting a complimentary stay.

Lahore, Pakistan
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pay for in airport Hotel or use free Emirates Connect ?

If you get the complimentary 'Emirates Connect' from Emirates Airlines (which says Emirates will offer free visa and hotel), do you still need to apply for the visa in advance or do you get visa on arrival in that case?

3. Re: Pay for in airport Hotel or use free Emirates Connect ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:17