We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa on flight change further travel

New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Topic
Visa on flight change further travel

I am traveling to Romania . From India I will be traveling to Dubai on indigoair and then further travel to Romania on flydubai . I am not stepping out of the airport so would like to confirm do I need a visa for Dubai .

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,442 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

If you are staying in transit in the airport you do not need a visa.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,021 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

As you are travelling on two different airlines it is not as simple as it may appear.

Do you know which terminal your flight lands and and which terminal you depart from ?

Have you booked two separate tickets or one through ticket with two different airlines ?

Depending on your answer you may need a visa.

New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

I arriving at Terminal 1 dubai and will be departing from Terminal 3 . two different airlines and different flights . so I am confused if I need visa just to transfer from Terminal 1 to 3 . I am Indian national

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,021 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

OK

You need to check that the first airline (indigoair) will allow you to board without a vaild visa for Dubai. As that is the only ticket that they can take into account.

We have had this question before and this is the responses given on that occasion

Because you have 2 separate tickets rather than 1 routing the whole trip, the Airline can only use the information on the first ticket and therefore the final destination is Dubai and as such all the ncessary documents must be presented before boarding. No Visa no boarding unless you hold a passport for one of the countries allowed visa on arrival.

This is an industry practice.

Confusing it may be and I know you are not leaving the airport BUT you will in all probability need a transit visa - YOU MUST CHECK WITH INDIGOAIR otherwise you may not be allowed to board.

Edited: 29 March 2013, 01:41
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,201 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

Latimer is right.

Facts first. You will arrive in Terminal 1 (Indigoair) and depart from Terminal 2 (FlyDubai).

There is an airside shuttle bus between the two terminals, however it is a bit difficult to find.

Besides the problem mentioned above by Latimer, the problem is to check your luggage directly to Romania. You have two tickets and likely Indigoair and FlyDubai have no agreements with each other.

Hence you have to fetch you luggage at arrival. Therefore you need a 96 hour transfer visa.

You have to check this really out with Indigoair. Will they let you board, will your luggage be through checked.

Or if you have not bought the ticket already, change to Emirates. They work together with FlyDubai and offer you a hassle free transfer.

New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

but what about if I only have bag baggage and nothing to check in that how to transfer from T1 to T2 at Dubai terminal without the visa

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,021 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

It has nothing to do with whether you have bags or not.

Please read the above advice and act accordingly or you will not be allowed to board your first flight.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

Transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 will be taken care of by the Arrival Transfer Desk in Terminal 1. They would take care of you and your baggage (if any stuff is checked-in, that is). See link below. However, in most cases of two separate tickets by separate airlines, you need to have Indigo Air let you board in the first place. Get that sorted out with them; or book through an airline that has inter-airline understanding with Flydubai (like Emirates). Once you depart from Delhi and land in Dubai, as far as Flydubai is concerned, you will not have problem in transferring. See here:

http://www.flydubai.com/en/plan/connections/

Another option for you is to book your ticket from India to Rumania on Flydubai, in that case you have no problem. You may have to fly from Delhi to Ahmedabad or Lucknow to connect FD to Dubai and onwards.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

a confirmed onward ticket to romania within 24hrs, will allow you fly dubai to arrange for your transit between T1 and T2, but you need to make sure, Indigo will allow you to board without your uae visa, also you should expect trouble at the immigration in india without your visa copy of dubai.

the best option is to book via an agent in delhi, who will be able to provide you a single iternary ticket to reduce your hassles, and ensure your transit is smooth. the above post provide link to fly dubai connecting terms n conditions, also make sure you have enough time, more than 4 hrs between the arrival and departure.

New Delhi, India
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa on flight change further travel

Ok I am gettng my Dubai Visa which is single entry that solves the "No Visa no boarding" situation . and then I call Marhaba Services and they say they will collect my baggage and I wont need visa as they will transfer me from T1 to T2 at Dubai Aiport which means I will have unused Dubai Visa to travel further and one my way back I can use the visa again and may be stay 2 days in dubai before I return to Delhi .

I hope this works now ? would like to get comments and some suggestions .