We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

Hi again, if I am staying at a friends Apartment in Dubai instead of a Hotel, do I have to give the full Address to Immigration, with Apartment Number and floor Number?

I hope someone can help with this question. Thanks.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

You won't have to do anything if you hold an EU passport. In the event you are asked, say you are staying with a friend, know the area you are staying in and, for your own peace of mind, have the mobile number easily to hand.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

Oh, so I should not tell them the Address or Apartment number right away, only if asked for it?

I am very nervous because I have just been visiting Dubai mid March, first stayed in a Hotel with a friend from here and then I stayed a week longer at my friends Apartment (also female) . And I am leaving on the scheduled flight back home this time, without staying longer this time.

Dubai
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

There's no forms to fill in when you get your visa on arrival. If they ask, say I am staying with my friend in x. I don't think anyone who comes to stay with me actually knows my address. If you feel it necessary, have it written down, but the chances are all you will have is the number of the apartment or villa, the name of the apartment block and the area. Most people don't live on a road with a name. It's a number and then you would need to know the number of the area, the community number and all sorts of other stuff. Keep it simple. If there's a problem, you have your friend's number. Have you asked your friend what he/she thinks?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,688 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

No need to be nervous.

It is the same like in the UK or Germany.

You show your passport, they put a stamp in it and that is it. If they should ask you a question where you stay, just state the address as BedouGirl said.

Enjoy your stay.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

Thank you for your help!!!

6. Re: Immigration Question when staying at a friends Apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 05:16