We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new years eve

sussex
Level Contributor
28 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
new years eve

I wonder if anyone can give advice,we have a flight out of Dubai at 0220 on 1ST January and are intending to be staying at the Hilton Dubai Creek,what would anyone suggest we do about taxi from hotel to airport at about 22.00 on new years eve? Even booking in advance will this work?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,996 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new years eve

I wouldn't bother booking in advance and at 10pm there should still be taxis around - at least by staying at the Hitlon Dubai Creek you should have a free run to the airport.

The hotel is only about 15 mins from the airport and on a normal evening you wouldn't have to leave until midnight and still be in plenty of time for your onward flight BUT because it is NYE then leaving at 10pm is a good call.

So just get a cab outside the hotel or use one of the hotel cars (not much more expensive than a cab)

sussex
Level Contributor
28 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new years eve

Many thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,245 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new years eve

My experience while flying out on the morning of Jan 2, 2013: The entry road into T1 and T3 were packed with cars/taxis till the cargo village junction. Inside T3 it was further packed. People struggled to even move from one spot to another. The lines were very long at check-in, passport control, everywhere. Heard it took about 3-4 hrs for the airport to get back to 'normalcy'.

The wee hours of Jan 1 (2014) may or may not face such a situation; but don't take a chance, get to the airport asap.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,950 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new years eve

It might be a good idea to use a hotel transfer instead of a taxi. At least then you do not have to worry about a taxi.

I would get to the airport as early as possible. At least then you can celebrate NYE in a bar in the airport.

5. Re: new years eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 07:16