We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

emirates business class or tag heuer

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Topic
emirates business class or tag heuer

hi,

Going on holiday to maldives via dubai next february, flying with emirates.

I have the choice of flying business class (one way) or a diamond tag heuer watch fron dubai duty free. both are the same price.

Having never flown business class before and having never owned an expensive watch the decision is really, really hard!!!

Has anyone who usually flies economy flown business class as a treat and would you recommend it. The flight to dubai is on emirates new boeing 777-300.

Thanks

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

If you save really hard cant you have both.

I flew for the first time business class last year with Emirates and i loved it, it really is a good experience I am due to fly again business class this year. Lots of saving.

The problem is once flown that way you never want to go back to economy.

Im not a watch person but I do like my handbags and diamonds and do have a nice collection , i have to say i get a lot of enjoyment using those handbags and wearing my diamonds, knowing they are genuine and that im the one thats got them.

I would prob go economy to have a new diamond if couldnt have them both.

Would you get that same pleasure with your watch.

The only thing that would put me off is having to come back being cramped in economy.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

The other thing is we are normal working class people, and i know what its like to save hard for that really special item/holiday.

My business class flights ive got from lots of good deals and a lot of research and the bags/diamonds are normally from money i have been given at xmas/birthday.

My latest diamond ring bought in dubai last year is just so amazing I get a real buzz wearing it.

The other thing to consider is have both put it on to a o% credit card and work hard to pay it off when you get back, we only live once, enjoy.

Try and get a return business flight othewise coming back you will feel let down.

If your getting the watch in dubai duty free it will be a good saving.

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

hi,

thanks for your quick reply.

think the watch is winning - i'll always have it and the air travel will be over in 11 hours - but i do fancy travelling business class.

going on holiday without our children so an ideal opportunity to fly business.

maybe i should talk my husband into both!!!

thanks again

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

the saving in dubai is great.

e-mailed them for a price - 500 quid cheaper than uk!!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
267 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

If you are going to sleep on the flight go economy and get your watch.

Dubai, UAE
Level Contributor
4,084 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

The watch anyday. You can always ask for an upgrade at check in. You never know your luck.

on location
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

Sharon, you sound sooo shallow!

"My latest diamond ring bought in dubai last year is just so amazing I get a real buzz wearing it" woopty do!

Babby run with the watch, you'll have it forever, the flight will be gone in a flash!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

babbyabs

We flew with Emirates last year Econ, we asked for the emergency exit seats and you get so much more space, we will be doing the same again this year.

Go for the Tag

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

pack,

do you know if you can pre-book the emergency exit seats??

i know you can check in online 24hrs before departure but i'm not sure if these seats are included or whether you must ask at check in??

thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: emirates business class or tag heuer

babbyabs

Sorry not too sure on that one, we just get to the Airport early. Last year we flew to Dubai and then onto Mauritus, and they even booked us emergency exit on the connecting flight.