We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do we do in Dubai?

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What do we do in Dubai?

Hi Guys,

Will be stopping in Dubai for 10 hours during the day when I return to the UK at the end of this month with my boyfriend. What can we do while we are there? We want to leave the airport but don't want to go too far & don't have a massive budget! Also, is all the scaremongering about holding hands etc true?

Thanks for your help...!

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai Burj Khalifa Level 124 'At the...
107 Reviews
from US$68.50*
Dubai Burj Khalifa Level 148...
34 Reviews
from US$104.94*
Special Offer
Dubai Burj Khalifa 'At the Top...
1,483 Reviews
from US$35.00*
US$37.48
Dubai Top Five Attractions Tour...
59 Reviews
from US$221.50*
airtrainandplane
Level Contributor
738 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

Just sit in the airport, you can hold hands safely. Drink water from the fountains in the toilets and nibble on the complimentary nuts you got on the plane.

Dubai is not worth the fuss for 10 hours, theres nowt to do ,its only for mega rich posers, its too hot and the police are everywhere.They lock up dolphins and penguins!

Oh, the foods rubbish too,,,

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,380 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

If you can check through to UK, you have about 7 hours to go into Dubai. It will take you around 1-1.5 hours to get out of the airport and 1.5 hours to be back before your flight leaves.

In 7 hours you can take a taxi and have a drive around Dubai, visit a Mall, go to Burj Khalifa or have a swim in the sea or eat something.

As you are neither dolphins or penguins you will not be arrested as long as you behave.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
59,931 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

Maxthewax thanks for your helpful advice... not!

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,592 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

What time of day ?

Which day of the week ?

You have time to see quite a bit - is there anything you particularly want to see ?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

I recommend the downtown area. Go to the observatory on the 124th floor of the Bhurj Khalifa, stroll through the Dubai Mall, have a meal, visit the aquarium, see the fountain shows (in the evening), etc. The travel time from the airport should be approx 20mins each way.

Mentioned in this post
The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall
22,832 Reviews
airtrainandplane
Level Contributor
738 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

Now come on Sarah, your question is hardliest the most specific!

How about i ask you one-

Hi, my mate and I are going to Perth, what can we do in 10 hours on a tight budget and what are the rules with Aboriginal people etc?

Sound daft?

Wol
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
395 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

Maxthewax, your a jerk!

Edited: 09 April 2013, 23:00
Wol
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
395 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

Having read some of your other posts I take it back, your not a jerk! You should do stand-up

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

Fair enough maxthewax you make a point but if I'm asking for advice you should just either give me some HELPFUL advice or not bother writing anything if you don't think the question is clear enough.

Thanks vbh812 you were much more helpful! :)

London
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do we do in Dubai?

I would say you have two options:

1) See the older part of Dubai: you can go to the Al Fahidi Fort Museum, then wander through the fabric souk, take a boat ride to Deira and take a look around the spice market and gold market, grab a cab to the Park Hyatt for a bite and a drink then head to the airpot.

2) See the newer, shinier part of Dubai and head to the downtown Burj Khalifa area and do the mall, fountains, go up the Burj Khalifa etc. as stated above

3) Jump in a taxi, book it for the set 5 hour time period and ask them to drive you around town to the marina, see the Burj Al Arab/Madinat Jumeirah and then back to the Burj Khalifa. This will of course involve a fair bit of driving and you'll see things in a whirl but get an idea of the city.

4) Jump on the metro from the airport and let it take you all the way to the marina and hop on and off wherever something takes your fancy (e.g. Mall of the Emirates ski slope, Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa). The metro is cheap and easy and very safe.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa
59,931 Reviews
Burj Al Arab
Burj Al Arab
10,527 Reviews