We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huaihua, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Thank you very much.

It is my first time abroad. I want to buy a brand new luggage set to fit my purchases. I am interested in buying it in Dubai. So I only carry a light handbay to catch the plane.

Where can I buy my luggage cheap and good quality? Is Dubai airport a good place to buy or might I have to go somewhere else?

Thank you very much. First timer, I would appreciat your kind consideration.

By the way, how about the sunglasses in the Dubai airport, are they good and cheap? Haha, I am really poor

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,130 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Are you going into Dubai or just in transit ?

Huaihua, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Thank you, your response is so quick. I am going into Dubai. By the way, I am a single Chinese girl traveling alone.( I don't know if you hate China or not., Many foreigners they hate China -.-)

I did some researches, but I don't want to buy fake things I want them to be cheap. So I might not go to the Karama. I want to ask are the goods at the duty-free airport cheaper or are they cheaper in the mall?

Can you give me some good mall names so I can choose?

Thank you very much

Edited: 02 May 2013, 10:47
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,130 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

I have never been to China so I have no idea whether I would hate it or not.

You will get luggage much cheaper in Dubai than you will at the airport - in any event you won't be able to buy luggage in Dubai airport until you depart so how are you planning to pack ?

The best place I know for cheap luggage is Carrefour supermarket in Mall of the Emirates

Huaihua, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Thank you for your fast response, and could you tell me something about the designer sunglasses? Where can they be good and cheaper?

Can I buy designer luggage set in Carrefour? My original thought was buying a big luggage in Dubai so I can cherish the memory in Dubai and then I fill my who-knows-I-will-buy-what purchase in.

Maybe you can try China next time, excluding the air pollution and crazy traffic, the other parts are terrific, varies food and friendly people and criminal rate is real low.

Huaihua, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Actually I think they don't hate China, they hate Chinese.

I ran across lots of famous newsites in the US. Many people don't want Chinese at all.

o(╯□╰)o Thank you for your hospitality.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,130 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

No you can't buy a designer luggage set in Carrefour - it sells cheap luggage that is serviceable and practical.

If you want designer luggage then go to Fashion Avenue in Dubai Mall or any one of the shops selling branded designer luggage such as Bricks, Samsonsite etc. There you will pay the appropriate price for the designer label.

Designer sunglasses can be found in many stores - Paris Gallery is one to try. They will be priced appropraitely for the product and designer.

You say you don't want fakes so avoid Karama or anything else where someone offers you the opportunity to see 'handbags and luggage' unless it is in a store in a mall.

Huaihua, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Thank you for your advice I think I made my mind, I will go to the Deira city centre to try the sunglasses and luggage there, because they have Paris Gallery.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 11:42
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Carrefour, Lulu and a few other markets sell standard, both branded and unbranded luggage. You can find cheaper ones in the street shops in Bur Dubai or Deira, or China Mall (Dragon mart). You could also try at Jashenmals in a few malls.

Huaihua, China
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

Thank you, too.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where can I buy cheap luggage set in Dubai

I think you could probably buy your designer luggage cheaper in China as dubai isn't cheap for things like that.

We really liked China apart from the spitting and people jumping queues but everywhere has it's good and bad points.